One Probelm Is Revealed

Tris POV

"Tris, I love you. Okay? No matter what happens."

"T-To-Tobias. . . St-Stay with. . ." I say, trying to keep my eyes open.

"Always, always Tris." He announces quietly and wipes my sweaty forehead, "Forever and ever, kid, until you're sick and tired of seeing me."

"To-Tobi. . . ."

Tobias mutters something that I cannot really hear. My hands shake at a rapid pace before I drift away. I cannot quite catch what Tobias tried to say. I blink my eyes as much and as fast as they can. I need to stay awake. I cannot let sleep overcome myself. I need to be brave. Maybe that is what he said, but I cannot quite comprehend right now. Sleep takes control of my body and eventually I drift into a deep slumber.

~~~~~

Tris POV

I always wondered what dying would be like. But dying in the place of someone that I loved would be a good way to go. I think. . . .

~~~~~

Tobias POV
(Before)

"I am not afraid." I chuckle behind the curtain.

"Then come out." Tris begs from the other side.

"Then you'll be afraid." I say in a creepy voice.

"Let's go Four." Marlene chants.

"Strut your stuff, gurl!" Matthew laughs.

Uriah slumps down in one of the chairs and sulks.

We decided to put on a fashion show for one of the baby shower games. My friends made me be the first model. I was hesitant at first but I am Dauntless. And Dauntless are brave, right? I should not have let my friends pick out my outfit. I am wearing a pi tutu and purple pants. There is also a black belly shirt on me. We went to Amity and found these rare colorful clothing items. Zeke, Uriah, and Shauna picked out my outfit. Lynn was busy sulking with Peter, although he was not sulking. Peter was comforting her and Marlene would not leave her 'boyfriend'. We also made the pregnant girls who are Tris and Christina stay at Dauntless.

I walk down the runway and do dramatic poses every so often. Zeke makes his hands into a camera shape and takes a pretend picture. Tris, on the other hand, takes a real photo. She stands with our friends in front of the runway. I flash an over exaggerated smile as I reach the end of the walkway. Soon, everyone has out their phones and snaps pictures.

All of a sudden Tris almost falls to the ground. She clutches into one of the chairs nearby to steady herself. She grabs her stomach. Something is not right. This cannot be happening. It has not been nine months. Something else is happening. But what?

We rush Tris to the Dauntless hospital as she writhes in pain. I carry her over my shoulders. The Dauntless make way for us as we sprint down the hallway. This is common here. Running and screaming except this is not for fun. Tris does not say a word except for the occasional moans and sobs.

Soon she lays in the hospital bed, sobbing and clutching her stomach.

"Tris, I love you. Okay? No matter what happens." I say and bend over her bed.

"T-To-Tobias. . . St-Stay with. . ." She says, trying to keep her eyes open.

"Always, always Tris." I announce quietly and wipe her sweaty forehead, "Forever and ever, kid, until you're sick and tired of seeing me."

"To-Tobi. . . ."

"Be brave, Tris." I mutter and wipe her forehead.

Tris does not respond and instead drift asleep. Or at least I hope she is asleep. I decide to watch her sleep for a little while. It is not like I could party without her. It is our baby shower. Well and Christina's and Will's. I could not do that to her. I told her that I would always be here. I would not break another promise.

I stay, watching her breath in and out, wondering which would be her last. Then, all of a sudden Lynn bursts through the doors.

Christina wobbles with Will, clutching his side for help. Zeke and Shauna stand, gaping. Peter encourages her and places an arm on her back. Uriah stands by Marlene and Nathan. Marlene stares at the ground and Nathan looks aggravated. My brother stands, awkwardly by the open door of Tris's hospital room. I sit on the edge of Tris's hospital bed as our friends crowd around the door.

Tris twitches a bit at the noise from our friends and then I place my hand on hers. She lays limp in the hospital bed. The white bed sheets cover half her body. The lower part is covered and her top part of the hospital gown is exposed. She looks lifeless, pale, an- No, I cannot think like that. I cannot give up on her. She is mine and I will fight day and night. I will fight for our baby.

"I have cancer, okay?" Lynn shouts.

One problem down. Tris told me about her list of issues that need solved. And this is only part one.

Oh and another thing, I forgot that I am still wearing this pink tutu and purple pants. Maybe that is why everyone was staring at us and making a clear path.

~~~

A/N: thank you all so much for all the reads, votes, and comments. You all are the best. I just joined swimming for this year and it starts next week along with high school soccer so I don't know hw frequently I'll update. Please keep commenting ideas because it helps me think of what should happen. Don't forget to vote! Thanks guys 😊 Ily