Tris POV

I walk up to my friends slowly because of my broken leg. I hear Christina babbling about something. Gosh, that girl could talk for hours! Tobias wraps his arm around me protectively. I smile up at him and kiss his cheek. He pouts and kisses me on the lips. I tease and pull away.

"NO PDA!" Will screams at us.

I laugh, "Shut up Will. You suck Chris's mouth all the time."

He blushes and I begin to hear what Chrissy, Mar, Shauna, and Lynn are talking about. Cheer tryouts......

"C'mon girls! This will be fun. Oh hey Tris!" Christina says excitedly.

Lynn moans as Christina forces her to sign her name on the tryout sheet. Mar writes her name down really small. I chuckle. Shauna writes her name and the Christina does. Christina hands me the pen.

"Do it Tris." She says.

"Yeah. She's making us." Lynn chimes in.

Reluctantly, I sign my name down. Tryouts are right after school.

Tobias laughs at something Zeke said. He stares at me and I frown. He looks at the cheerleading tryouts and smiles big. Tobias walks up to me.

"Looks like you're gonna cheer me for me on the field."

"If I make it."

"C'mon. You're ranked first and you're Six."

I laugh, "that doesn't mean anything. Amity will probably be on the field. Those people are so annoying!"

"I'll get you some peace serum for your tryouts!" He teases.

I punch his arm and he tilts my head up forcing me to kiss him. I feel electrified right now. I sigh and hope it's not noticeable. If it is, he doesn't say so. We match so perfectly. I feel others staring but neither Tobias nor I pull away.

The coach speaks up, "Welcome to gym. Now get with a partner so we can play three-leg races."

Everyone runs frantic around the big gym looking for a partner. Tobias and I continue to kiss as if we know that we'll be partners. I pull back and he frowns. We stand there wrapped close together. His arms around my waist and back. I lay my hands on his chest and we stare into each other's eyes. His are such a deep mesmerizing blue shade.

The coach whistle and we form five lines. Each partner gets a line. Tobias and I stand on the end next to Zeke and Shauna. Tobias gives Zeke a look. He looks back and grins. I know what this means. Whoever doesn't win has to do something embarrassing. I squeeze Tobias's hand and he squeezes back. He rubs my palm in a soothing way. Coach blows his whistle one last time and it's time to race.

Tobias and I probably won't win because of my leg but we try anyways. We are in last place. I sigh. Tobias really wants to win this thing so he scoops me up and charges for the finish line. I mouth him, I'm sorry and he nods. We won!

"No fair!" Zeke says.

"You sound like a whiny baby Zeke. Need your mommy?" Tobias teases and chuckles.

"Shut up Four." He laughs.

"Who wants to come to my house tonight for truth or dare?" Uriah asks with a smile. He always smiles.

"After cheer practice!" Christina argues.

"Okay." We all say.