“Not even in Neverland,” I scowled. “I. Hate. You.”

“No you don't. You're in love with me. Ever since...”

“But were you ever in love with me!” I shouted. “I don't think you know what love is. I mean, think about it. You ran away from your parents, you ran away from the lost boys, and then you ran away from me. I truly don't think you know how to love.”

“Take that back!” he growled. “You have no idea how I feel—how I feel about you.”

“Then tell me Peter! Oops, I mean Avery.

He clenched his jaw before saying, “I don't have time to argue with you. Right now, things are bigger than the both of us. If you don't know how I feel now, you'll never know.”

“Yeah, I thought so,” I chuckled dryly, “poor Peter trying to save the world while leaving a trail of destruction behind him.” Tears trailed down my face but I continued to speak, “you're pathetic,” my voice got higher and shakier.

“What do you want me to say? What can I say to make you feel better?”

“Nothing. You can't do anything to make me feel better especially when you're the problem. I need to be away from you. I need to erase every part of you from my life. I'm still young and I have a chance, but not if your here clouding my mind.”

I ran through the house until I found the front door. I pulled it open and ran through the screen door.

“Wait!” Peter called. I kept walking.

“Leave me alone,” I whispered.

“Fine then. Just let me tell you something first.”

“What could you possibly tell me?” I stopped walking and turned to him.

“Nothing much,” he grabbed my wrist and something snapped around it. “It's a protection charm. It will tell me where you're at—at all times. This is the only way for me to protect you. Since you hate me right now, I'll keep some distance but there’s no way I'm letting you out of my sight.”

“Ugh!” I tried to pull the bracelet off. It wouldn't budge. “Get it off!”

“Not gonna happen. You can leave now if you want,” he turned back around and went into the house. I'm not letting something happen to you.”

“You already have!” I shouted then stormed off. Wait, where was I? I had no idea where I was or how Peter got me here. I went back up the steps and pounded on the door, “where am I?! I have to get home!”

“Who is it,” Peter joked.

“Stop playing with me an tell me how to get home!”

“For someone who need my help, you sure are bossy,” he opened the door and smirked. “Come on, I'll drive you.”

I hesitated before following him to his car which I thought was completely out of his price range. How does he have money?

“Get in,” he ordered.

“You get in!” I retorted.

“I will.”

“Good for you,” I scowled and got into the car. I did not want to be this close to him, but it was a two-seater. “Where are we exactly?”

“Camelot Grove. About three hours from your house.”

“First, how do you know where I live? Second, how can you afford all of this?”

“You ask too many questions.”

“You have too many secrets.”

“Okay, okay. I followed you after school one day and I took up a dead man son's identity. He was wealthy. It would have been stupid of me not to use the money.”

“So you're a stalker and a thief.”

“Kind of,” he shrugged.

To squash this conversation, I decided to ask him a genuine question, “How do I keep Tok from chasing me?” I asked. Just because I didn't want to deal with his bullshit didn't mean that I didn't care about my life.

“You don't, he's a tracker,” Peter explained, “he will eventually catch up to you, but hopefully I will be there when he comes and I'll kill him.” I looked at Peter and realize that he wasn't the same person. He's changed a lot since the last time I saw him. He certainly wouldn’t have come back here for me back then. Somethings wrong, but I'm not sure if I truly care.

“Okay, here we are,” he pulled in front of my house. I opened the door and got out.

“Hey,” Peter shouted, “you didn't really mean that you hate me, did you?”

I bent down and leaned into the car, “No, I meant it,” I slammed the car door shut and walked off.