Chapter 7

I took my pills this morning, still feeling the same numbing sensation throughout my body. I knew what I saw and yet I would be the boy who cried wolf. No one was going to believe me. If my own family didn’t then what’s the point. All these years of therapy and medication were for nothing.

I stumbled out of bed and slipped into the shower. I hoped that the water would provide me with some comfort but it didn’t. I was still replaying Jon Jon’s words from yesterday. I didn’t know that he was getting the same treatment as me. I never really care what people thought of me, but now that it has been affect Jon Jon I can’t help but feel guilty.

I didn’t mean for this to happen. I don’t want to be in love with Peter. I don’t want my memories going haywire. I don’t want my life falling apart in front of me. Everything is so screwed up.

I have to face him. I have to face Avery and get the truth for myself. I need my life back.

Once I finished my shower, I dried off, and then slipped on a pair of yellow skinny jeans and a red t-shirt. Then I decided on some red flats. I’m feeling colorful today. This will be my first step in taking my life back.

I quickly ran a comb through my hair and checked my clock. I had ten minutes to catch the bus. I doubt Karen remember to pick me up today. I figured Bobby got her sprung out on drugs again.

I can only pray that she miraculously make it to class today. I feel like we’ve barely hung out these past few weeks.

“Windy, stop running,” mom said as I charged down the stairs.

“Sorry mom, I got to go!” I shouted before closing the door behind me.

Let’s just say that the bus ride to school was brutal. I was the main topic. Some people even pointed out that I still had glitter in my hair. I tried to scrunch down in my seat but they didn’t need to see me to talk about me.

I quickly got off the bus and speed walked to my locker. I think I got about 2.3 minutes until someone stop to talk to me and all hell breaks loose.

I jerked my locker open, surprised that I didn’t tear it from the hedges. I pulled out all of my books so I would have to come back.

“Windy,” a very familiar voice said from behind me. I knew it was Avery, but did I really want to see him? He poured glitter all over me. I am angry, but it’s Peter, my head keep screaming. Times like this, I wish I could forget him just like I forgot all the lost boys.

“Yes,” I turned and smirked at him. Now that I know his secret, I wasn’t afraid anymore. I could talk to him. I could hit him for making me feel like I was actually crazy for so long. I wanted answers. I wanna know why he’s here and why he is older. Peter Pan never grows old. What going on here?”

“Can we talk?” he smiled portraying his sharp features more clearly.

“Nope,” I slammed my locker close and walked off. I could see him catching up in my peripheral vision. I smiled as I continued walking. I stopped when I was outside my English class. “Stop following me.”

“I would if you’d stop,” he said. “Look, next week, I want you to come to my home.” That was random. We were just in an argument and now he wants me to come to house. What’s the catch? He’s going to bring me to his house were all the popular people will be and they will humiliate me even more.

“No, I will not,” I said sternly. “Now that I know I’m not crazy, I want to get on with my life. Maybe now I’ll get invited to parties. Maybe now I can walk down the street without people giving me weird looks. You ruined my life!”