Keith seems to notice this too as he looks over to the window. He was on all fours on the bed while peering outside. 

"Cousin, this is too...revealing, don't you think?" Keith glances at Iona who was pulling a box from under the counters. I hear the dripping of the kitchen sink or what I think is the kitchen, everything here was just so fucking tiny. 

She meets his gaze and shrugs "It's tinted, don't worry"

Relief and satisfied with her answer, I begin to look at the pictures taped on the wall. She has a good eye but most of the subjects were looking away and purely candid. Should I tell her that that is illegal? 

I notice the books on the floor since the walls are bare of any surfaces it can be placed on. There were no dressers or cabinets but just a small suitcase on the side with all the clothes she has ever owned. 

Keith, she barely has anything I sent to the bond to which Keith just gave me a What-can-you-do shrug and a sigh. 

Her room smelled like lavenders and the singe of strong medications. My eyes snapped on the kitchen counter where rows and rows of medicine lay open for anyone to see. It feels like a dying girl does live here, it was devoid of any warmth but a reminder of how lonely she is and how cold her life is. 

I can't believe my cousin lived here for three months without feeling suffocated by this thick air of loneliness. It just feels lonely, it made a vice grip in my chest at my unlucky cousin. 

I move to the window to look at the view of the Square, I see a café, a small restaurant, and a bookstore on the back. I hear her piling the books in the box she manage to assemble and I move to help.

"It's fine," she smiles at me, her eyes glossy and sincere "I'm not an invalid yet, you can just carry them down for me" 

My frown deepens 

She giggles, for a moment I am transported back to the time where everyone was still alive and not dying. Aunt Dianna and Iona living with us in the vacation farmhouse without the pathetic male human that she calls her father. "stop frowning, you look like one of those Halloween masks" 

I purse my lips on a straight line instead. Is this what my little cousin lived in? It just seems so death like. I mean you could feel that the room was lived by a dying human, and I hated it. Why does she have to die? When we just finally found her after ten years.  How can she have cancer when she came from a healthy family? I guess, that good for nothing father of hers probably has a weak bloodline. 

I hated my cousin's father all he did was do drugs and beat Iona's mother up, I even wondered if he ever beat up my cousin. If he did, he better wish he's dead. I can't imagine Dad letting that go so easily.

But there might be a chance, right? There could be a chance for her to live, I mean if you have a werewolf mate he'll give you some blood that can be compatible with her, because they're mates and heal her. No werewolf mate dies with any sickness but they die in old age, and or injuries. If only we could find her a mate in 9 months, maybe, just maybe it would give her a chance to live, because she has to.

I turn to look at Keith who was looking at a huge teddy bear, I was about to tell him of the small chance but the idiot was too absorbed with the huge thing. It grabbed his attention the moment he locked eyes with it. 

Iona is trying to reach a box from a high cabinet, I decide to help her first before she physically harms herself. She mumbles a small thanks and kneels by the floor again, she was careful and meticulous on how to handle her things. I know she treasures everything she owns because of it