"Your mother, she's lovely. We spoke about you today." The king told Arabella.

"You did?" Arabella asked feeling relieved from his touch.

"She told me about how protective you are of your twin brother, Benjamin." He said softly.

"We're twins. It's what we do." She said halfheartedly, with a soft smile of remembrance.

"Get some rest Arabella." He said to her, about to leave and removing his hand from her.

A ragged knock on the door sounded through the room, before the doctor entered the room, "Arabella, how are you feeling? Do you have any pain?" Steele asked.

"Not very well, my body hurts." Arabella said to him.

The Doctor shone a bright light into her eyes, checking their responsiveness and then touched her forehead, "you're freezing."

"Is there anything you can give her to ease the pain further?" The King asked dr. Steele.

"Unfortunately no, her doses are the highest her body can handle." The doctor informed them.

"I'm sorry." The king to Arabella.

"Well there is an alternative. Your touch is supposed to alleviate some of her pain. It's a gift from the moon." The doctor said.

"If you don't mind that is." The King looked at Arabella for confirmation.

"It does helps with the pain." She said weakly, eager to subside the awful pain.

"My king, you don't look so well. Some rest should put you well." The Doctor said worried.

"Thank you Steele, for everything." The king said to him.

"No problem, I'll take your leave." The Doctor said before he exited the room.

The king looked at Arabella after the doctor left, he had understood what she was insinuating, "I understand. Give me a minute." He said before he strode into his closet.

Laying back down, Arabella uncomfortably tossed on the bed, the pain was irritating as she tried to succumbed to the irregular waves of sleep. The king reappeared back from his closet, dressed in sweatpants and a soft T-shirt. He got into bed with Arabella, and pulled her into him. Her body was encased in one of his large long sleeved t- shirt and his sweatpants. Wrapping his arms around her, her head buried itself into his chest as he nuzzled into her hair. His arm rubbed the her back gently and reassuringly as he placed a soft kiss on her forehead once more.

"Thank you." Arabella said, feeling slightly better.

"It's my pleasure." The king said sweetly.

"Why are you being so nice to me after I've been so horrible to you." Arabella asked.

"You haven't been horrible to me, my Arabella. You're my mate, I already hold you close to my heart. If anything were to happen to you, I don't know what I would do. I've been searching for you and waiting for you for so many years and now you're in my arms." The king said contented.

"I'm scared of what could possibly be wrong with me." She said to him quietly.

"Me too." The king said, "can I ask you a question?"

"Okay." Arabella said tiredly.

"Did you want a mate?" He asked her curiously.

"Yes." She responded.

The king smiled into her hair as he rejoiced that he may have a chance.

"I never got to tell you, but my condolences for your father." She said, nuzzling further into Grey's chest.

"Thank you." The king said quietly, "if he met you, he would have loved you." He continued.

Arabella sighed, "I know my parents already loves you." She said to him, not knowing why she was confessing this.

"Arabella, you must know that I truly am sorry for what happened to you. About you getting rejected as alpha and not getting an explanation why." The king spoke carefully.

Arabella was silent before she spoke, "why was I rejected?"

"I promise I will tell you in the morning, but right now, you're too tired to remember what I'll say." The king said.

"I am very tired." Arabella agreed before she sighed.

The king pulled the sheet up Arabella's freezing body and veiled their bodies with the suave sheets.

"Goodnight Arabella." The king said lovingly.

Arabella was already drifting into sleep, her body was responding to Grey's body and his hands rubbing her back.

"Goodnight." She whispered before she drifted into an almost peaceful slumber.

"I love you, my Arabella." The king whispered and were the last thing Arabella heard.

*************************************************************

Arabella seems sick doesn't she?

Will Arabella give the King a chance?

Arabella seems nicer doesn't she?

Does the King seem more sorry?

Will Arabella forgive the King soon?

Will her parents force them to be together? Will she let them?

Shoutouts:

kindercressmoon16
__Raqs__
Fierce_Chesire
Missy_Elliot1
korean_babe05
InsidiousMind
nerdy_girl_1234
StalkerAtYourWindow
illegalkitty
Victoriously321
RJlovesDK

Thanks so much for reading my book.

Comment and vote if you liked this chapter.

Follow me for updates and news for upcoming chapters pertaining to Bound To You.

❤️Jay