Chapter 15

Clary's POV

I just stood there, watching my past life through my sunglasses. My hands on my back. Interwined, like I was with the Delight's. My old life would never get me back. I was happier and stronger in this life. I had better friends, a better family. The only thing that wasn't the same was that I didn't have a boyfriend in this life.

But who cares?

I saw how the shocks went through the room. Their faces. Confused, afraid, and, most of all, regretting. I knew they were regretting all what they had ever done to me, except from the unknown girl. She looked around and raised her eyebrows.

"What the hell is going on? Who is that chick?" she asked. Her voice was too sharp, too high, that it couldn't be real. Her fake hair was dyed in an awful red colour, bright red. It curled a little, but not enough like a real ginger would have had.

They just ignored her, which made me feel good, and continued staring at me. I saw the hope in their eyes. Hope, the only thing that kept me alive after I left the one who had broken my heart. First he broke my heart by believing he was my brother, and then he cheated on me, how sick can you be?! And how can there be hope in his eyes, while he knew how I was five years ago. He knew that I wouldn't have forgive him back then, so why would I now?

In the past five years the guys had helped me with creating myself. The new me. All my weak habits and personalities had been removed, or vanished. Voluntary, of course. The guys would never force me to do anything. The strong ones were grown, and ruled my body. Everything I did was based on my Delight side. My strongest and best side.

"Clary...," Isabelle whispered. Her eyes were grown wide and her jaw was fallen. I knew I had changed, but that much, that much that even Isabelle would be surprised? I didn't know that was possible.

"Clary," she said louder, thinking that I didn't hear it the first time. I almost sighed. It would take a lot of time to make them admit that I'm a Delight from now on.

It was my decision, not theirs.

Isabelle began walking, while the others stood shocked on their places. She had to struggle her hand out of Simon's and he opened his mouth to say something. Then he probably decided against it, because he closed his mouth again. He had obviously accepted that Isabelle was much stronger then she looked, but much weaker too.

Cain moved from his usual position and came standing between me and Isabelle. I was a little relieved that he saved me from being hugged by Isabelle. I didn't think I could have handled that.

"Get out of my way," Isabelle said to Cain. I thought that Cain and Isabelle looked a lot like each other. The same wilfulness. That was it, that made them look like each other. Although the same hair colour and the same high collarbones helped the thought too.

I knew Cain raised his eyebrows, even though nobody could see his eyes under his sunglasses. He always was the one who talked, so he had this kind of conversations all the time.

'No," he simply said, his voice low, warning Isabelle to not go too far.

"Yes," Isabelle repeated, her voice getting higher.

"No," Cain said again, stepping closer too Isabelle.

I was about to say something when Magnatic stepped forward and grabbed Isabelle's arm.

"C'mon Isabelle, he's not going to let you pass," He whispered to her, but I knew that everyone in this room could hear him, and he knew it probably too.

"But...," Isabelle started to say.

"Isabelle, she's a Delight, she changed, you don't know how she's now," he said. it was clear that he was the smartest one in here. Maryse and Robert commanded us, and Raphael said he would kill us.