8. The Unexpected Guest

*1 week later
6:00am I thought. Great I have time for a run. I put on my short shorts, tank top and joggers and ran down the stairs when I ran into Miss Rose walking up with a cup of coffee.
"Good morning ma'am" I smiled cheerfully as I love mornings.
"Good morning darling. Off for a run are we?" she looked me up and down and smiled.
"Yep I just love mornings! I'll be back in time for work" with that I ran out the door.
By the time I got back it was 7:30 and time for a shower. As I wrapped the towel around my still wet body I heard the doorbell.
"Marge, Miss Rose?" No one was answering. Shit. I'm going to have to get it. I ran down the stairs in just my towel and opened the door
"Melanie?" I stood there shocked for a second.
"Melanie what are you doing here?" Hayley from the Hotel stood on the other side of the door laughing at my current situation.
"I'm sorry come in" I stood aside to let her in "I'm Miss Rose's assistant and legal advisor I'm staying here to make it easier" Hayley nodded her head understanding.
"I came by to see Maria but just got a text saying she had to run to the store so I thought Marge would let me in and I could wait for her." she explained
"Oh well go ahead and wait I uh have to get dressed" Suddenly very aware of how naked I was.
"Sure thing gorgeous but come back down let's have a chat"
I ran back up stairs and grabbed out matching panties and a bra before grabbing a dress. It's a flowy pink and white floral dress that ends mid thigh it's super cute. I gave my hair a quick brush and made my way down to the kitchen where Hayley was making coffee.
"Here you go" she handed me a cup and we sat on the stools next to the counter.
"I thought you lived in New York" I said to break the silence
"I do but I'm here to visit family. How is Maria treating you?" I smiled thinking about how pretty my bed is and how she brings me lunch everyday. "Wonderfully. I've only been here about a week but it feels like home. May I ask you a personal question?" I said cautiously
"Sure thing" I just had to know
"Did you and Miss Rose ever date?" she smiled sympathetically like she knew I was just another young girl with a hopeless crush on this woman.
"We did briefly. Are you gay Melanie?" her forwardness made me flinch a little. "Yes I am. Miss Rose told me she is not" Hayley put a hand on my shoulder "She's been denying it for a long time. I shrugged and tried to brush it off like it was no big deal.
"Here's my number darling ring me if you ever need a chat or want to catch up I'll be in town for a few weeks" as she handed me her card she held onto my hand for a few seconds
"What's going on here?" Miss Rose stood arms crossed with a slight frown on her face
"Oh I know what you're like breaking young girl's hearts I thought I'd offer Melanie some support" Hayley stood up walking towards Miss Rose with an amused tone in her voice.
They both just looked at me now "I'll just go to my office" I said awkwardly and rushed past them.

I sat in my office reading a book Miss Rose had supplied me with when I realised my coffee cup was empty. I picked up my cup and skipped out of the room I was approaching the stairwell when I heard my name I stopped to listen. I know it's wrong to listen to other people's conversations but I wanted to know what they were saying about me.
"... Is it? Maria she's only 21... Be careful... I'm younger" I could only hear bits of what was said I tried to get closer.
"I don't care I don't want you hitting on my assistant"It was now Maria speaking. "Let's go get something to eat"
I panicked and raced down the stairs to make a cup of tea. So Hayley wanted me that's interesting.
I was shortly followed by the two women.
"Melanie my love, mind making me a tea?" Hayley leaned on the counter smiling at me.
"Sure thing. Miss Rose would you like one to?" I sent them both kind smiles
"Please dear."
I could feel their eyes on me as I made their tea and I kind of enjoyed it.
"Are you guys hungry? I'm a good cook and would be happy to make lunch" They kind of just stared at me.
"What..?" I asked confused
"Hayley was just leaving weren't you?" Maria turned to her friend.
"Oh God no I am starving and would love to see Melanie cook" She smiled and Miss Rose rolled her eyes.
"Great what did you guys want?" I passed them their tea
"something light I'm trying to watch my weight" Hayley stated
"What?! You don't need to you have a gorgeous body" I exclaimed. Hayley smirked and went to say something when Miss Rose hit her on the back of the head and I couldn't help but laugh.
"Light it is"