5.Breakfast

My head was pounding as I woke up to the sounds of pots and pans in the kitchen. I groaned and turned to look at the time 9:00am ugh who the hell is making that noise. I've only had about 4 hours sleep. I stood up opening the bedroom door and walked out to see Maria about to cook.
"uh.. How did you get into my hotel room? " I asked confused. Maria who was already showered and dressed walked over to me and handed me a coffee.
"I have my ways. Now please drink that and I'll cook breakfast we leave on the jet at 12:00 sharp" I watched as she turned away and started cooking. "Oh and put some clothes on" she smirked at me as I looked down and realised I was only wearing a bra and panties I'm just lucky it's a cute pair.
"Shit. I'm going to go shower"
I walked out the room hoping Maria was watching me as I did.

Picking up my suit case I grabbed a tight pair of leggings and a t shirt knowing I wouldn't have to work today and wanted to be comfortable.
"Breakfast is ready" I heard Maria call as I made my way into the kitchen.
"Thank you so much" I was so greatful as I looked down at my plate of pancakes and bacon.
"This is delicious" I smiled at Maria who was eating across from me.
I spotted a piece of paper next to me as I picked it up I realised it was Sharon's phone number.
"Didn't go when we got back?" Maria asked confirming that she had in fact heard the conversation. I vaguely remember her holding me in the car but she didn't speak to me again once we got to the hotel.
"Probably wouldn't have been a good idea. I'm not... Experienced" I admitted
"Are you saying you've never been intimate with anyone Melanie?"
I nodded "Well I only came out a year ago until then everyone thought I was straight." it's actually easy talking to her.
"So you are... gay?" Maria looked shocked.
"Are you surprised Miss Rose?" I thought by now she would've believed it.
"My apologies I guess I didn't really believe it"
We sat in silence and finished eating.
"Are you gay?" I just blurted it out as we were cleaning up.
I heard Maria laugh as she turned to me "No I'm not dear" I felt my heart sink.
"What about your friend Hayley?" I was utterly confused
"That's just a bit of fun. A woman like me could never be gay!" I got annoyed now. "What do you mean a woman like you?" I asked this time confidently making eye contact.
"Successful, charming, smart.. What would everyone think? No darling just wouldn't work" I was shocked. How could such a wonderful woman imply that if you're smart and successful you couldn't be gay as well.
"What a horrible way of thinking. At least now I know how you think of me" I stormed into the bedroom to pack my stuff.
"Melanie please that's not what I meant." Maria was standing in my door way now looking sorry for what she had just said.
"Don't worry about it I shouldn't ask you such questions anyway you're just my boss nothing more" I slumped into the chair in front of the large mirror in my room.
I closed my eyes and felt a hand run through my damp hair.
"Let me just fix your hair" Maria said quietly as she picked up a hairbrush. I felt myself relaxing as she quietly ran the brush through my hair.
I felt one of her hands rest on my shoulder I looked up at her and I watched as she slowly leaned down and kissed my cheek. "You're a special girl Melanie. Never forget that"