CHAPTER • 22

Jeonghan went to the Jeon family’s house after school. Their parents weren’t home, so it’s just Miyoung and Wonwoo but Miyoung didn’t know that Jeonghan came because she was inside her bedroom, busy surfing the net while listening to some of her favorite songs.

Wonwoo told everything what Miyoung told him last night to Jeonghan. Jeonghan felt relieved on what Miyoung told his brother that she won’t have feelings for Joshua but he’ll still keep an eye on his bestfriend and especially on Joshua.

After Jeonghan had a short talk with Wonwoo, he went home and did all his school works. Miyoung didn’t even notice that Jeonghan went to their house because she was doing something in her room.

JOSHUA’s POV
This morning, Jeonghan talked to me about Miyoung. He’s kind of weird, he is acting like he is Miyoung’s boyfriend but he really isn’t. He’s just her bestfriend.

When I reached my home, I went to my bedroom and plopped myself on the bed. I thought what I should do because I was very bored. I don’t even want to do my homework for now, I can do it later because it’s not that hard.

Miyoung suddenly appeared in my mind. I took my phone and sent her a message.

Hi Miyoung! Are you busy? I just want to hang out with you again if it is okay with you and if you are free.

After a few minutes, I didn’t get any replies. She must be busy but then I heard my phone rang. Miyoung just replied to my message.

Sorry for the late reply. I was taking a bath. Sure, we can hang out. I am not very busy. :)

I felt my lips curved in to a smile. I felt happy that I can easily hang out with Miyoung now. I won’t stop befriending her until we get very close and the most important that I should do is make Miyoung to fall in love with me. Sorry Jeonghan, I know we’re friends but I like her. We both like her. I don’t know who Miyoung likes but I’ll do everything just to make her mine.

I replied,
It’s okay. I’ll pick you up there. See you~ ^^

Then, I change my clothes from my school uniform to this:

After changing clothes, I took my phone and wallet with me then I went outside and started to drive to Miyoung’s house

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Joshua and Miyoung ate dinner first before they look and shop around the mall. While they’re eating, Joshua can’t stop staring at Miyoung. She really looks pretty wearing a pink off-shoulder dress and just a light make up on her face already made her gorgeous.

They walk around the mall and look something to buy. Joshua brought Miyoung to a jewelry shop because Miyoung might want something from there and he even told Miyoung that he’ll pay for everything but she declined it because she brought her money with her.

As Miyoung look every rings, necklaces, and other jewelries, one necklace caught her eyes. It’s a silver necklace with a heart on it and Miyoung found it cute.

“Can I try this on?” Miyoung asked the saleslady as she pointed on the necklace that caught her eyes.

The saleslady took the necklace that Miyoung pointed and gave it to her. Miyoung scanned every part of the necklace and the heart pendant.

“How much is this?” Miyoung asked the saleslady. The saleslady told Miyoung the price which it made Miyoung sad because it’s expensive. The money she has brought is not enough. “It’s pretty. I really want to buy it but my money is not enough.” She mumbled but Joshua still heard what she said.

“We’ll take that, miss.” Joshua told the saleslady. The saleslady nodded then she took the necklace from Miyoung.

“But Joshua, I-”

“No buts. I’ll pay. I’ll buy it for you.” Joshua cut Miyoung’s sentence. He patted Miyoung’s head and said, “You want it so I’ll buy it.”

Miyoung gave Joshua a smile and said, “Thank you, Josh. I’m sorry if I made you pay for that necklace.”

“Miyoung, you don’t have to be sorry. It’s okay, really. I’ve already told you that I’ll buy anything you want.” Joshua smiled.

“This guy is so gentleman.” Miyoung thought.

After Joshua paid the necklace, they went out of the shop and went to the Hangang Park to stroll around. They sat on the bench and started to talk about random stuff. Joshua then asked Miyoung if he can wear the necklace on Miyoung’s neck. Miyoung agreed since Joshua bought it for her.

Joshua asked Miyoung to turn around, so Miyoung did. Joshua wore the necklace on Miyoung’s neck. Miyoung felt her heart started to beat fast. She feels happy for Joshua because of his gentleman attitude. She smiled looking at the heart pendant. Miyoung faced Joshua and said, “Thank you again, Joshua.”

“You’re welcome.” Joshua said and stared at Miyoung’s beautiful face.

There was a moment of silence. They’re just staring with each other and both can’t think of a topic to talk about. Joshua decided to start a move. He caressed Miyoung’s hair as he stared at Miyoung’s beautiful face which it made Miyoung blush so she looked down so that Joshua won’t see her blushing.

Miyoung doesn’t like Joshua back but this guy is very nice to her. Her feelings are now starting to get confuse.

“Miyoung, sorry if I do this but I want to.” Joshua said with a serious tone.

“Do what?” Miyoung asked him curiously. Joshua didn’t answer Miyoung’s question and just cupped Miyoung’s cheeks which it made Miyoung startled. He then moved his face closer and closer. Miyoung didn’t know but she closed her eyes until she felt Joshua’s breath on her face.