InuYasha [FanFic4]

InuYasha and I spent the night at Kaede's home while Shippo stayed with Sango and Miroku. Kaede's home was still the same as it always was as far as I could remember, anyways. Except for one thing; Rin was now living with Lady Kaede.

"Hello Kaede," I greeted once entering her house.

Lady Kaede pulled me into an unexpected hug. "It's been such a long time Kagome," she said wholeheartedly. Once Kaede had let go of me she motioned us over to the middle of her living room around the fire pit as she put on a pot of tea.

Rin came running in from another room dressed in a pretty kimono. "Hello, Kagome, InuYasha," she said with a smile.

"Rin is living with me now," said Kaede in the wise, old voice I was so used to.

"Yes, Lord Sesshomaru is out with Master Jaken now. He says that he wants me to spend more time with humans, like me. He was the one who got me this kimono," she said, tugging at her dress.

Rin was very lucky considering her situation. She was born the daughter of two humans and ended up living a life full of demons and bad people yet managed to stay alive, due to InuYasha's brother, Sesshomaru. I think he had fallen for the human girl even though he's a full demon. Kind of like with their father and InuYasha's mother, Izayoy. I guess he would let her make her own choice whether or not she wanted to stay with him when she got older. But it was quite obvious that Rin was happiest when she was with Sesshomaru.

I don't think I managed getting a wink of good sleep that night. I kept thinking about everything I've been so late to know about and having crazy dreams about people I haven't gotten to see yet. I thought coming back to Feudal Japan would have been peaceful. However, it's been nothing but stressful.

I looked out of the window and could see a pinkish tint coming over the hills signalling that it was morning time. I got up and tiptoed over InuYasha who was lying next to me and made my way outside.

A cool breeze hit my face as I got outside. The cold feeling on my skin was nice and made me feel more awake. I hadn't gotten much sleep and was feeling pretty groggy upon leaving the house.

I walked down to a small stream to wash my face so it would awaken me more. As I kneeled down onto the ground and bent over the stream I could hear a distant rustling in the nearby woods. It couldn't be anything though; nothing should be after me now that the Jewel had been destroyed.

That was when I ate my words; something jumped out of the forest and darted towards me. However, she looked human and innocent enough. But then I noticed her ears; they were long, pointed and stuck out from under her long, waist-length, shiny black hair. She had long nails and wore a tiny dress that appeared to be made of spider webs. She was a demon.

"Hello," she said. "I am Miaki; princess to the spiders. You might remember their old lord?" As she spoke tiny fangs were visible in her smile.

InuYasha, come find me. Please, was all I could think to myself. He seemed to always come to my rescue. During all the moments I'd been stuck in situations I couldn't quite get myself out of with only my strength and Kikyo's old bow and sacred arrows he'd always come get me. It was always like I could count on him.

The last time I had needed InuYasha's help out of a situation had been three years ago. Just like everything seemed. It was just after we had truly killed Naraku, he wished on the Shikon Jewel for me to be sucked into a Meido Zangetsuha; the portal to the underworld. I was stuck there, speaking to the Shikon Jewel. It transported me to another world, one where everything was the same but no one knew anything about InuYasha or my adventures there. The Sacred Shrine in which the well was located never even existed.

The Jewel then gave me two choices; either stay in the illusional world and never see InuYasha again, or spend the rest of my life in the darkness and loneliness of the underworld. However, I decided not to make any wishes and wait for InuYasha to come for me, I knew he would.

Miaki approached me slowly, smiling an unfriendly, sadistic smile. "You have the Shikon Jewel," she said "And I want it."

What was she talking about? The Shikon Jewel had been gone for over three years now. It was destroyed, as I wished it to be that afternoon such a long time ago.

Her red eyes glinted in the morning sun. "Give me the Jewel," she ordered again.

She was beginning to aggravate me. "I don't have what you're looking for. The Jewel was destroyed-,"

"Don't lie to me, human girl," she interrupted. "I know you have it in your possession." Man, was she ever the persistent type.

That was when InuYasha showed up holding his Tetsusaiga. "Kagome, get away from her, now. I'm going to take care of this," he said heroically. Miaki leapt forwards in my direction I'd have a perfect shot on her if only I had my bow.

Speaking of the bow, I wasn't even sure where it was. Possibly at home or the final resting place of Naraku, I couldn't remember.

Miaki lunged for my body with her nails as InuYasha yelled, "Meido-Zangetsuha!" A circular moon-like shape opened up into a pathway of darkness and dots of white that appeared to be stars. Miaki was immediately swallowed whole and disappeared into the hole. But the portal was trying to suck me in as well. InuYasha held out his firm hand and grabbed onto my wrist, pulling me out of the Meido's way.

"Are you crazy?!" he asked me sarcastically. "I don't think you want to get yourself stuck in the Underworld again. Next time, look out."

"Who was that girl?" I asked him curiously. "She insisted that I had the Jewel but it was destroyed three years ago. Wasn't it?"

"She wanted the Shikon Jewel?" InuYasha asked confused. "No, that's not possible. You wished for it to be gone."

I didn't understand what was going on either. I understood that the Shikon Jewel was a very powerful item, being able to make a half-demon a full demon or a demon an even stronger one. However, the Jewel was completely useless to humans and once the 'correct wish' was made the Jewel would disappear forever and that would be the end. But if that crazy spider demon was right, the Jewel still existed.

"We have to go ask Kaede," I said immediately. "She might know something."

Inspired by InuYasha. I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE CHARACTERS OR ANYTHING RELATED. I AM SIMPLY USING THEM IN MY FAN FICTION.