Chapter 1

Sami POV 

"Come on Sami, I just want you to come down stairs. Don’t wanna make your step dad angry do we?"

I stood in my room frozen in fear. This happens most nights he would come home and started drinking, worst part about was he worked as a part time police man. So I couldn't run to report anything that happens at home. I often feel sorry for my mother, ever since dad died I felt like I lost both my parent in the car crash. My dad was driving us home from a weekend getaway I was in the back and my mum was in passengers’ seat. I was 13 at the time. As my dad was driving a man ran in front of the car, causing my dad to lose control of the car hitting the telephone pole and killing him upon impact. I woke up in a hospital 3 days letter. My mother survived with miner injures. Of course I'm upset about losing my dad but the part that I hate the most is that I didn't even get to say good bye.

"Come Sami! I just want you to come and spent some time with me."

I drag my feet down the stairs feeling like my heart was going to give out. I turn into the kitchen to Peter, my step-father standing there with a baseball bat in his hand.

"I'm doing you and your mother a favour of being with me and paying your bills and all I ask in return is that you clean the dishes. And I walk in here and the dishes are all dirty and sitting in the sink!" He shouted

"I had homework to do to." I said also now shouting.

"HOW DARE YOU SPEAK TO ME LIKE THAT?" Pete shouts back.

And suddenly I felt the pain of his hand being slapped across my face. I bit my lip, not wanting to show mercy. He just stood there laughing! How could be finding this funny? How could a man beat a 17 year old and laugh at the pain he had caused her? I slowly stood up and headed over to do the dishes. But no, he wasn't finished with me yet. As I stood next to the bench I could smell the vodka coming off his breath. He went and slapped me again sending me straight into the cold hard floor. He got one of the plates and smashed it on the floor causing the sharp remains to sink into my skin. In pain I yelped and turned to see my mother just sitting there in a daze, a drunken daze. Peter kicked my side and rib cage, I screamed in pain. He punched the side of my face causing me to black out. Looking at baseball bat that he didn't use but, I wish he did to permanently remove the pain that he caused my day in day out. And like most nights I lay there unconscious and sleeping on the cold titled floor.

~Writers Note~

Hello there people. I would just to say thank you for taking time out of your lives to read my book. This is my book i have wrote on wattpad. please vote and comment  Thank you !! :)