9.

Oh my gud 100 likes! It's not much but it's a milestone! :0 I'm surprised so many people actually read this book hahaha

And enjoy this chapter ;)

~~~~~

I sat cross legged in front of our small pond on the dark grass, my arm raised and my violin resting against my jaw.

The melody came smoothly as a gentle wind settled itself against my hair, hiding half my features from view. It was a sad melody, slurred and drawn out until the notes reached silence.

The tune hadn't lasted long as I sat creating peace within myself until another's presence arrived next to me.

"That was a nice song," my sisters unusually energetic voice announced and I turned my attention to her while lowering my violin onto my lap.

I raised an inquisitive eyebrow, watching her as she stood in a light outfit and then began to bend over and stretch.

"What are you doing here?" I spoke quietly trying not too sound negative.

"Ive decided it's a lovely day today and I want to exercise." Her cascading red hair was tied at the back of head for once, giving her a younger look than usual.

"Can I ask a question?" Nervously I plucked at the strings of my violin randomly. She stopped for a moment and stood with her hands on her hip, an eyebrow raised.

"What is it?"

I hesitated, I was unsure if I should ask, but I wanted to know.

There'd be no harm done.

I cleared my throat loudly. "Did someone send you a letter yesterday?" I peered at her slyly and watched her face become lined with an expression of distress and a frown.

"Yes...it was from Hansuke."

"Hansuke?" It feels like forever since I had spoken to him.

She nodded and hummed sweeping her hands across her clothes, obviously uncomfortable. I watched curiously, some nervousness leaving me and being replaced with my thoughts.

"He informed me that many Uzumaki have been conspiring against our family on the basis that we have decided to become allies with the Uchiha clan."

"What? What kind of conspiring?"

"Something...to harm us."

"They would harm their own clan?" A ghostly feeling took over me as my face dropped considerably in horror. The reality of hate had started to show itself to me, through my own family.

Are they so blinded? What will we do now?

I was clutching my violin intensely, I'm surprised it hadn't snapped.

"Sister."

I snapped my head to Tomoko who now stood with her back to me but peered over her shoulder at me, her eyes looked dangerous.

"Prepare for the unexpected."

~~~~~

An unwanted flash of light invaded my eyesight as I peered towards my window wearily. The storm outside had began to show its face, stirring a pool of distress inside me. I curled myself into my blankets with a sigh, blocking out the lighting from my view. And then the sound of my bedroom door opening caused me to turn in surprise and see a figure walk to crouch in front of my fireplace.