Chapter 1: The Foreshadowing

"So, Will, I have the most important question of today. Which teenage mutant ninja turtle would you be?" Tom said. Out of all the questions he could have asked. We hadn't seen each other since last term and this is the first thing Tom said to me. Why.

"Why would you ask that question out of all questions?" I replied looking at my friend with a confused expression.

"Well, I'd be Michelangelo because I'm the party dude" Tom said while miming swinging nun-chucks around his body.

"I'd be Leonardo because I have to deal with your shit. Seriously, where did that question come from. Has no one told you that random isn't funny? I know we all like to revert back to our cringe-y selves now and then but isn't this too far?" I replied, deadpan. 

"Oi, at least I did my homework over break." Tom replied. It was true. The entire time we were talking I was frantically doing one of the maths past papers we were given to do over the holidays. I had done the others the day before but almost lost the will to live while doing this paper. It may be a bit late but as soon as I finished the logarithms question I could give the paper in and say that I lost the last piece of paper from this test which had the remaining questions on it and do that another day.

"Y'know you could put the 2 in front of the logarithm as a power. It'd probably make it easier." Tom, oh so helpfully, chipped in.

"Fuck off Tom, I don't need this right now." I answered back but took the advice. "Right, it's done. Granted it's probably wrong but wrong homework is better than no homework, am I right lad."

"You are right lad. And right on time too seeing as the bell is about to go. Talking about right on time, where is Grant? It's the first day back he could at least be on time instead of snogging his girlfriend." Tom said. He was probably right about Grant's reason for being late. Around six months ago Grant and this girl in their class called Sam got together. Since then they always skip registration at the beginning of the day to snog. I always thought it was a shame that Grant got a girlfriend because we had a strong bromance going on that annoyed Tom and I did everything I could to annoy my friends. Nonetheless, Grant and Sam were a surprisingly good pair that I was convinced would always stay together.

"Speak of the devil and he shall appear." I muttered as Grant and Sam strolled up towards us. They both had smirks on their faces. Absolutely shameless. I shook my head.

"Hello, where have to two been?" Tom said with a raised eyebrow. He then looked at me with a smirk.

"None of your business" Replied Sam quite simply. "Anyway, how was your break?" She asked.

"Alright." I responded. In actuality, I had spent most of my time playing Final Fantasy XV because if you're going to play Final Fantasy you have to spend at least 60 hours. If I wasn't playing that, I was reading or eating. I was supposed to do more revision for my A Levels - hence the sudden need to do my holiday homework the day before - but procrastination is something I am very good at and you're meant to practice your talents.

"Have you already done the maths work?" Grant said, suddenly looking stressed. I nodded. "We only have to give it in tomorrow right? We have a school trip today so we don't need to give it in right?" Grant was getting progressively more worried.

"They're expecting it today. They do need to mark it soon." I had barely finished my sentence when Grant shouted "SHIT" and ran off. Grant is the only one I know that is even worse with his homework than me.

"Where is he going? What does he think he can do in the 2 minutes we have before we go?" Tom asks, confused. Sam had a look on her face like she didn't why she was dating him. We continued to stare dumbfoundedly at Grant's empty spot for 10 seconds until he shuffled back into the room embarrassed. 

"I'll just tell the teachers that I'll give them the past papers tomorrow. There's nothing I can do now." He explained.

"We could have told you that love." Sam told him sympathetically. Grant's a bit of an airhead on the outside but give him a time period to do something that should be impossible and he'll somehow do it almost perfectly. If he had the papers to do now, I wouldn't be surprised if he managed to give them in. Lucky bastard.

"We do have to go now, the coach will be leaving soon." Tom stated. "That being said, where are we going for this school trip?" We were going to see the University College of London's science, maths and technology program and see if that's a possible university for the A Level maths, science and technology students. So I told Tom this. 

"Lets get going then I suppose. This might be useful."

We all got up and walked out of the classroom, heading toward the front of the school. "I'm going to join my friends. I'll see you all later!" Sam said to them when she spotted her friends. We all said "Bye" and Sam gave Grant a kiss on the cheek before jogging off. I looked toward Grant, spotting the love-sick look on his face.

"You two need to get girlfriends. They're great." Grant said looking off toward Sam.

"I do have a girlfriend! She just doesn't go here." Tom protests. "Her name is Felicity and she lives in north London. I was talking to her over break online and we got together. We even went on our first date last weekend." 

"Yeah. Right." Grant scoffs, finally looking back towards us. "And you Will? I suppose you have an unknown girlfriend as well then. Oh wait. You aren't looking for a girlfriend because you're 'busy' right?" It was true. I really wasn't looking for a girlfriend and it was because I was busy with A Levels and gaming. Although, that probably wouldn't stop me from dating if I found someone that I liked and that affection was reciprocated. 

"Right." I simply replied with.

"Well, pardon me mate, but I think that's bullshit. This year we're going to add some excitement to your life because, as it is, it's quite depressing. Seriously. All you do is play video games, study and sleep." Tom said to me. We were coming up to the bus. I wondered if I could push Tom in the road and get away with it, but it would probably be too much trouble.

"That's not true, we got drunk around my bonfire recently" I defended.

"Ah yes, because that is the epitome of sociable. Also, it was a month ago; that is not recent. Alright! I'm calling it, something interesting is going to happen to you soon and if it doesn't we're going to make it happen." Tom said while Grant was nodding in agreement.

"Well good luck with that, lets get on the bus and that can be the exciting thing that's going to happen to me." I rolled my eyes and said, and the three of us climbed onto the bus. 

A/N: Hello everyone, welcome to my first story. There usually won't be an authors note at the end of my chapters but I thought that it might be necessary for this time. All I really want to say is that I'm encouraging any criticism of spelling and grammar mistakes, the purpose for this story is so that I can improve my writing skills. I would also like for you to include any way you want to see this go, for example, if you want a romantic interest or would prefer to keep this purely action/fantasy based. The chapter lengths I will be posting won't be the longest but will at least be this length. Also, my posting schedule mainly depends on my work load at the moment but my posts will probably be once or twice a week. Anyway, I hope you enjoy.