Chapter 14

I'm at Jessica ,Justin's girlfriend's, party trying to find Monty. I have just finished talking to Hannah and I just told her what Bryce did to me last summer and that Monty had saved me the only reason I did was because when I saw her it reminded me of how I was right after it happened to me but she said nothing happened to her and that she was fine and getting a ride home from Sheri. The sight I see when I finally find Monty breaks my heart Monty Is making out with some girl. My eyes start to water I walk up to them and grab his arm he turns around to face me. When he sees me he freezes for a moment "Sky will you please just hear me out?"
"No I won't we're done Montgomery" I tell him handing him the ring back walking away crying. I hear him calling my name and trying to get through the crowd of people but I ignore him. I'm such an idiot I think to myself as tears run down my cheeks. I walk outside and see Jeff walking towards me, me and Jeff have gotten closer since he's friends with Montgomery,
"Hey you ok Sky?"
"No I just found Montgomery making out with some girl so I broke up with him"
"I was just heading to the store I can give you a ride home if you want?
"Yea I would thank you" we head to his car and pull away from the house.
"I'm gonna go to the store first do you want anything?" he asks me
"No I'm fine thank you"
"You know Monty really loves you"
"Yea I can tell by the way he had his tongue down that girls throat"
"Maybe he was drunk" he says trying to make the situation better
"That isn't an excuse I shouldn't have to babysit him to make sure he doesn't kiss another girl"
"Is there anyway you would get back with him?"
"Probably not, because even if I do I'm not gonna trust him and that's gonna make the relationship harder"
We turn a corner when headlights blind me then everything goes black.
Monty's P.O.V
I don't know why I didn't push her away it must have been the alcohol but all I know is Sky broke up with me and my heart broke when she gave me the ring back. I'm looking around the party and I can't find Sky anywhere. She must of gone home so I go out to my car and start to head to her house. When I get to the intersection their are police and ambulances everywhere and two crashed cars I see that one of the cars is Jeff's I get out to get a closer look but that's when I see the cops carefully pulling a limp girls body out of his passenger seat, place her on the gurney and my heart shatters when i realize it's Sky and she's covered in blood. I ran over over to her and get a closer look and tears start to flow I hear a EMT say "she barely has a pulse and she lost a lot of blood we need to get her to a hospital now" when that say that I feel like I can't breath she can't die she just can't. One of the police men walk over to me and says "what are you doing here kid?"
"That's my girlfriend I need to go with please" I tell him my eyes watering as I watch them put her in the ambulance. After a few seconds he finally says
"Alright kid go head tell them Jim said it's okay"
"Thank you" and I ran towards the ambulance. The EMT doesn't ask me once he sees me crying and just let's me in the back with him. I take her hand and whisper "I'm sorry" over and over again to her, I kiss her hand. I look at the EMT "what about the other kid in the car with her is he ok?"
"He didn't make it I'm sorry"
I look back down at Sky "please don't leave me Sky".
--------------------------------------------------------------
It has been a week and Skylar is in a coma. I haven't left her side my mom brings me a change of clothes. I just can't bring myself too leave her I want to be the first person she sees when she wakes up. Her mom has been calling me to check on her because they're business trip is to important for them to leave so she left me to watch her even though I was going to anyway. Yesterday Hannah committed suicide, I know she was friends with Sky and she came to visit her 3 days ago only Hannah, my mom and hunter, Sheri came once but she could barley look at her without crying. I remember Hannah acting weird I was trying to sleep on the chair when she came in and she most of thought I was because she started talking to Sky "hey Sky it's Hannah I just wanted to say thank you for being my friend even after Kat left and I'm sorry for everything that happened to you and you're lucky to have someone like Monty someone who cares for you never let him go, goodbye Sky" then she walked out crying but I didn't think anything of it I was just worried about Sky. I hear footsteps that breaks me out of my train of thought I turn around to see the guys and Jessica. I look away back at Sky taking her hand in both of mine."what are you guys doing here?"
"We came to check on you" Zach replied
"Yea we haven't seen you in a while and you missed 3 baseball practices" Bryce says annoyed.
"I'm sorry if my girlfriend being in a coma is an inconvenience to you"
"She's your ex remember you made out with someone else and she broke up with you" Bryce says rolling his eyes.
"Get out Bryce"
"Whatever let's go guys" and they all leave I look back at her and notice her finger moving slightly then her eyes open.