Chapter 22 •

I never expected anyone to read my books, really. I'm not a good writer. So can you understand why I take long to update? It is... mind blowing to write something I've never thought of before. Thank you to those who understand!!!

Mere

*A week Later*

I grabbed the suitcase as I heard a honk outside. The taxi was here to take me to the airport. I wasn't a fan of airplanes, but if it meant taking me away from all this, I'd gladly accept it.

I heard my mom calling me from downstairs. I sighed and went down the stairs dragging my case. My mother, father and two brothers were there, waiting. Mom had tears in her eyes. I was leaving them after all. "Are you sure you want to leave?" she asked. "I don't even know why you want to leave in the first place!".

I looked at Lance, "No high reason. I just thought it would be great to get away from all of this. Start in a new school, you know?".

"No, I don't know!" she cried.

I hugged her. "It's ok, mom. Aunt Sophie will take care of me. She already knows I'm going" I lied.

I pulled away and gave them each a long hug. "I think you're overreacting, Mere" Lance whispered in my ear when I hugged him. "He's just a guy. Forget about him and move on. Forget about both of them! There's many other guys who I've seen have an interest in you".

"But I don't want any of them" I mumbled against him before letting him go. I gave him the best smile I could muster, "You don't understand what I feel".

I went to hug Liam, "I'll kick their ass, I promise" he said.

I laughed, "Leave them alone".

I pulled away and finally went to my dad. "Now, you take care of yourself" he said once I was in his arms. "No taking different rides".

"Ok, daddy" I whispered. I smiled at them once more before going to the door.

I was stopped when a hand landed on my shoulder. I turned to look at Lance. "Where's the gay dude? Fr... Fra-... Fred?".

"He'll meet me in the airport" I lied.

"He better" he mumbled.

I was hugged one more time by then and I was finally heading for the taxi. I didn't look back because I knew I'd stay. I hid on my back seat and cried silently as I looked out the window.

.

Lance

I watched the taxi go filled with anger. I would definitely beat those two idiots once I find them. Making my little sister fall for them then breaking her heart. And both of them by going to the same w*&#.

I headed back inside my room not wanting to see anybody or see mom cry over Mere. I sat on my bed and stared ahead.

Why was Mere so... soft?

I looked at my beside table and stared at my phone which lay turned off. They couldn't be in there now... could they?

I grabbed my phone and turned it on. Once it was on, I called that gay dude. He picked up in the third ring, "Ugh... hello?".

"Fred, is it?" I asked not remembering how I even got his phone number in the first place.

"Yeah" he said then a pause. "Who is this?".

"Lance. Look, not taking your time, but are you already heading to the airport? I need to-".

"Airport?" he asked through the line sounding shocked.

I paused as a frown formed on my face, "Are you two not leaving?".

"Yeah!" he exclaimed, "Next week!".

I sat there in shock. "Where the hell is she going then?".

"Let... let me fix this" Fred said through the line. "I'm going after her".

I hung up and not waisting another second walked down the stairs trying to look calm. "I'm going out" I told my parents grabbing my car keys and and closing the door behind me.

Only when I was out did I start running.

.

Fred

Day Before!

I cornered the girl that started all this. The girl that made Mere start all this. That made this hell for Mere, but equally heaven for her. It gave her love, but pain.

Jena.

She wore her jeans with a not so revealing shirt which was surprising. "We need to talk" I said.

She stopped and looked me with a laugh, "I'm sure there's a guy over there" she giggled.

"Jena" I said not in the mood at all.

"Fine" she sighed. "Hurry up. I've gotta meet with Gale".

I wanted nothing more than to remove that smirk off her face. "Why are you doing this?" I asked going straight to the point.

"Doing what?" she asked putting an innocent face on.

I clenched my jaw. "Taking Gale from Mere?".

Jena laughed, "I did no such thing. He came to me".

"Either way, you knew Mere loved him!" I shouted taking a step closer. "You knew he loved her too! You knew they belonged together!".

"Gale can be with whoever he wants. He can be with me. With anyone. Even with Mere herself, but guess what? He doesn't want her. He wants me. I didn't force him. I didn't place a spell on him. No. Only an idiot wouldn't come to me".

I kept my face from all the anger I felt. Mere was like a sister to me. She had always been there for me and now it was time I was there for her. Jena blew me a mock kiss before turning around and walking away. "You deserve all the pain you'll get" I said behind her.

Jena stopped dead in her tracks. Suddenly, she spun around with so much anger towards me that even I was surprised. "No!" she shouted. "No! Mere deserves what she's getting! Mere deserves these and every other heartbreaks she'll get! She deserves to feel what I felt! Cameron was mine! He was after me! He liked me! Mere had to show up and win him over! With her stupid softness. Her stupid loyalty!

"Cameron was supposed to fall for me! He was mine!" she roared. "Mere deserves all I'm doing for her. She will suffer how I suffered!".

Without another word, she walked away. I stared after her in shock.

Her figure making her way down the empty hall as my mind still took in what Jena had just told me.

I saw her as Gale came out at the end of the hallway and he wrapped her in his arms when she saw her tears. How he kissed her tears away and then moved to her lips.

Only one thought was in my mind as I saw the scene before me:

That was supposed to be Mere in his arms.

.

.