Chapter 3 •

Enjoy...

°°°°°°°°°•°°°°°°°°°

Mere POV

It's been a week since that day. The day the people I trusted the most cheated on me. With each other.

It disgusts me now knowing what they did behind my back. I was sure that that wasn't the first time. They'd done it before. I knew it was my fault for believing Cameron ever loved me. Now I see he was only using me. Who knows what would've happened if I never found them?

I still hadn't thought of a plan. A revenge plan. That's all I wanted. To make them feel what I felt. The hurt it caused me. To see that what they did was wrong and that I would never forget them easily.

I though about this as I made my way to work. Today was Monday. And I had night shift. I worked at a small restaurant at the end of the road. Even though it was far, many people went to it. Just for the burgers. The famous burgers and fries.

I was a waitress. I worked long hours and got paid good. This job really helped. I worked from five pm to midnight. That's when it was full the most because you always saw those couples who escaped the crowded areas for something good and simple to eat.

I walked down the road towards the restaurant. I already had dressed into my uniform. A white shirt with black pants. My hair in a messy bun behind me. And my white shoes.

I let out a sigh when I entered the restaurant. "Rachael, I'm here!" I called as I made my way for my notepad and apron, where I kept the straws.

"Good" she said running out and taking her apron off. "Because I gotta go. See you tomorrow!".

"How was your day?" Trevor asked through the kitchen window.

I sighed. "Boring".

"How are you taking the break up?" he asked, casually leaning on the counter that separated the booth and kitchen.

"Thanks for reminding me" I muttered, rolling my eyes and looking away to hide my pain.

"My bad" he said grinning, obviously not getting the hint. "This is for table three" he added pushing a plate towards me.

"Yes, sir" I responded playfully already knowing it would be a long night shift today.

I nodded at him. Then, I went to take orders. It was a normal night and I knew there would be many people than what we usually had.

°°°•••°°°•••°°°

It was already nine pm. I was taking an order when it happened...

I gave the order to the old man. I walked to the next table and gave the kid a straw. I gave more sauce to the next table. I cleaned up an empty table. And I took another order.

When THEY walked in. The door bell jingled as they stepped in. I stood there frozen. Starring at them. I hadn't seen them since that day.

He walked in with her. His arm around her waist as if nothing happened. As if they hadn't broken my heart. As if I hadn't caught them in bed together when he was going out with me.

They hadn't seen me yet, but they would. Soon.

Oh, they'll see me.

My blood boiled in anger when he kissed her lips softly. It was my turn.

"Excuse m-" a guy started to say as he passed by me. It was pure impulse what happened to me. My heart filled with anger and pain and so many other emotions. I remembered how he made me feel. How special he had made me feel only to break my heart into so many piece. All I had left for him was anger.

He was about to walk around me when I grabbed him by the collar and smashed my lips on his...

************

Zombie_COD