Chapter 11

------------

Mere POV

I swear I could pee my pants right now. Have you ever had that feeling when someone's watching you? When you're walking home from work at dawn all by yourself?

Thats how I feel.

I rounded the corner and hurried my pace. I mean, who wouldn't?

Different scenarios of how I would die flashed through my head. My heart was pounding as they all ended with me dead.

A hand touched my shoulder and I screamed. "Hey! It's just me!" Cameron's voice said.

"Son of a b%@%!" I yelled turning around to face him. "What the hell are you doing!? Following me!?".

"Did I scare you?" he asked.

"No duh, Sherlock!"

"I'm sorry" he said looking at me. Sounding so sincere. "I didn't mean too".

"What do you want?" I asked as I turned around and walked.

"To talk".

"We have nothing to talk about" I snapped.

"Yes, we do" he said catching up with me and walking beside me.

"No. We don't" I repeated.

"Yes"

"No"

"Would you just listen?" he asked.

"Make it quick, Cameron" I said.

"It was a set up" he said.

"Bulls%@" I snapped stopping to look at him. "How can you set up having sex with someone!?".

"Someone put something in my drink-"

"That line is for the girls" I said. "You on the other hand had NO excuse!".

"I was... I didn't know what I was doing! You have to believe me!".

"You could've pushed her away!" I yelled at him. "It's not that hard, Cameron!".

"Please, Mere" he begged. "I love you".

"I don't".

Cameron let out a frustrated sigh. He looked at me. Then, he pulled me to him and smashed his lips on mine. He kept his hand holding my head to his.

I pushed and shoved, but that only made him wrap his arm around my waist and pull me to him.

I slowly gave in. I relaxed in his embrace and kissed back. My hands made their way around his neck and I heard him sigh in victory. My eyes closed as we stood there kissing. To say the truth, I was actually liking this. And it was wrong. Softly, he pulled away and we breathed rapidly. He smiled as I opened my eyes. "You still love me" he whispered.

"I hate you" I whispered back.

"You don't" he repeated grinnng. "You can't".

That got me pissed. I shoved him away. "Don't you ever do that again" I snapped. "I'm with Gale!".

"You don't love him!" Cameron snapped.

"At least he's faithful!" I yelled back. Cameron looked hurt by my words. I turned around and ran.

I ran home leaving Cameron behind.

----------

Hours later, I woke up and took a shower. I was tired and sleepey, but I had things to do. I showered, dressed in a tanktop with sweatpants and grabbed a water bottle. I spent the whole day running around in the park. Leaving the anger and pain behind. Or at least I tried to.

Gale catching up to me brought everything back. I sighed as he ran alongside me. Since he didn't speak, I ignored him. I could see him from the corner of my eyes trying to say something, but everytime, he stopped himself.

Two laps around the park later, Gale finally spoke. "I'm sorry" he said. He gently grabbed my hand making us both slow down and stop. I turned to look at him. "I... I'm sorry for what I said".

I let out a breath. "It's ok, I guess" I said.

"I was just... I was jealous" he confessed looking down.

That wasn't good. We weren't real. I guess... it's gone too far. "Gale..." I started.

He softly cupped my face and pressed his lips on mine. I mean, I knew it was wrong knowing I'd just kissed Cameron a few hours ago. But Gale's lips were adicting. I could't help, but kiss back. Even though we were kind of sweating.

Gales's hands went around my waist and he picked me up. He walked somewhere until I felt him sit down. He sat me on his lap straddling him and kept his lips on mine. I sighed slowly as we pulled apart. He leaned his head on mine and I closed my eyes.

Gale sighed. "You forgive me?" he whispered pecking my lips.

I nodded. "Always".

----------

Zombie_COD