Chapter 4 •

••••••••••••••••••••••

Mere POV

I grabbed the guy by the collar and smashed my lips on his.

I had many things going through my head:

• Would he push me away?

• Will he yell at me?

• Would some girl pop out and scream at me to let go of her boyfriend?

• Will they see me?

• Would they believe this?

I was freaking out, but it turned into shock when the guy started kissing back. I hesitantly moved my hand up and tangled it in his hair. It felt weird, but I stayed there. His stiff body relaxed and his arms went around my waist, pulling me closer. I felt safe. Warm. Happy? All I could seem to focus on was his lips. I even forgot I was doing something...

I got lost into the kiss that I jumped in surprise when we heard a cough. We broke apart rapidly. I let my hands fall and I blushed. I heard the cough again and turned to look at Cameron and Jena. My smile instantly faded at his sight. I narrowed my eyes at him. "Cameron" I said with venom in my voice. I swear I saw him flinch, but he hid it.

He looked at the guy. "Who's this?" he asked. Anger was clear in his voice and I knew I hit a soft spot.

"Why do you care?" I asked. I smirked at him and crossed my arms. I could feel the guy next to me and nervousness hung in the air. "Jealous?".

"Of course not!" he hissed. His jaw was clenching and unclenching, eyes flicking towards the guy every so often. "Who is it?"

"My boyfriend" I said and mentally punched myself. What if he said he wasn't? This would be so embarrassing.

The guy great fully took his hand out, offering it to Cameron. With a smile, he said, "I'm Gale".

Cameron scowled at... Gale. Jena looked at me with a look full of amusement and a new target. "That fast?" she asked.

"Love at first sight, right Gale?" I asked looking at him. My body was filled with fright at what he would say.

He must have noticed. His arm wrapped around my waist, bringing me against him as he nodded and smiled. "Of course".

I turned back to Cameron. I could feel Gale's arm trembling around me and I gulped. "Do you need anything?" I asked coldly.

"We were going to ea-" Jena started as she turned to grab Cameron's arm.

"No. We're leaving" Cameron interrupted, yanking away.

"But, Cammy!" Jena screeched grabbing his arm once again. Cameron just pulled away and turned around, walking out. "Ugh!" Jena said stomping her foot and following after Cameron.

As soon as they left, I turned to the guy. "I am so sorry!" I said, blushing and full of embarrassment. That was not the best way to make a situation better.

"It's ok" Gale said. He smiled and me even if a slight blush covered his cheeks. He cleared his throat, "I have a guess or would you like to explain?"

I looked down. "My ex" I mumbled and hoped the tears wouldn't come. "I'm so sorry. I just... I'm sorry. I... should go"

"I'd like to know the girl's name who took my first kiss?" he asked grabbing my arm gently, making me stop.

My eyes widened as I looked at him. No. I couldn't have. "Are you kidding me?" I asked, open mouthed. How could I have done this?

He smiled again. He looked... sexy smiling. "I wouldn't. So... what's your name?".

"Mere" I said.

"I'm Gale" he said sticking out his hand. He let out a laugh, "As you heard before".

I smiled, blushing, as I shook his hand. My hand was small against his. "Nice meeting you, Gale" I squeaked out looking into his hazel eyes.

He nodded towards a table. "I invite" he said. I shook my head, but he cut me off. "I want to get to know my first kiss".

I blushed, embarrassed. I didn't mean to do that. It was just... impulse. "Ok" I said. "But I'm working. I can't. I come out at midnight".

He nodded. "I'll wait" he said. He grabbed my hand and kissed my fingers before walking to a table and sitting down.

I smiled at him until a cough made me jump. I looked towards Trevor in the kitchen. He grinned. "That was quite a show" he said when I walked to him.

"Trevor!" I whined, blushing.

He shrugged. "That's what I call a kiss" he said wiggling his eyebrows at me.

I blushed as I grabbed a few menu's and took more orders. After all, it was just a kiss, right?

-----

I sighed when it turned to midnight. I really thought Gale would've left.

I was wrong.

When I turned to look at him, he was still there. Sitting down. Waiting for me. Eyes looking straight at me with a smile grazing his lips. Lips that mad molded against mine jot so long ago.

I smiled slowly feeling my heart skip a beat as I made my way over to him. Gale was nice.

And... he was hot...

•••••••••••

Zombie_COD