forty-four // real life

heather knocked on kathryn's house. the door opened, seeing kathryn.

"hey kay. are you okay? something seems weird." asked heather.

kay laughed, "nothing. i just wanna hang out."

the girls entered the house and sat down on the couch in the living room.

"no, seriously. why? what's wrong?" asked heather, looking at her bestfriend, "you want to tell me something and—"

"i may or may not like— wait, nevermind."
kay said.

heather slapped kay's arm, "tell me!"

"you've been updated to cole and i and i'm not even updated of your love life?"

kay was blushing hard, "okay, i like dylan."

heather's eyes widen, "oh my gosh! when?"

"ever since i went to canada— when we were having the concert, he asked for my number and we texted and you know, feels."

heather laughed, "all along i thought it was kj or ross!"

•••

"who's the lucky girl, dy?" asked cole to dylan, who was scrolling his twitter newsfeed.

"no one, okay? stop talking to me and talk to your girl." dylan said, not looking at his twin brother.

"i'm gonna guess, your lucky girl is lili?" cole asked.

"nope." said dylan, typing a text to be sent to kay. "she's kj's girl."

cole blinked, "she is?"

"yep."

cole looked at dylan's phone by his shoulder and smirked. "heather's bestfriend, huh?"

dylan looked at his twin, blushing, "n—no!"

"denial is the first stage of love, my twin." cole teased, poking dylan's cheeks.

"shut up, cole."