Chapter Five

Chapter Five

I blinked rapidly at my self in the mirror, what the hell was I doing? I don't like Harry! Well not in that way, he was more like a good mate, someone to have a laugh with, not to go out with! Why did I even say yes? I could always cancel, no. I wouldn't even be able to, Ally would grab the phone out of my hands before I can say Niall to her. I kept looking at myself in the mirror, I can't believe she talked me into wearing this dress. I was wearing this white dress with this sort of red ribbon around the waist that I thought was a bit to short on me, I looked over at Ally and she laughed.

"You look great! Don't worry about it" she told me.

I flung my self on the bed "I really don't wanna go on this date, why the hell did I say yes?"

"I dunno, it'll be fine! Just have fun and don't let Harry try anything with you" said told me warningly.

"I don't wanna go" I said "here's an idea, why don't you go and I'll stay here and hang out with the boys!"

She rolled her eyes at me "I'm not the one Harry wants to go out with Mel, and you know that"

I sighed and got off the bed, I went over to my dresser and grabbed the hair brush, I might as well try to fix the mess I call my hair. I heard the door bell ring and Ally shot up and ran to get it, I rolled my eyes at her, typical Ally really. She will sit there with you waiting for the boys and soon they come she shots up, really she just wants to see Niall, watching them do their 'We like each other but we aren't saying that' dance is getting a bit silly. I've had to bite my lip a few times to keep from laughing, I finally finish with my hair and make up then put my shoes on. I took one last look in the mirror, right well...here goes nothing. I went out into the living room where they were sitting, Harry stood up as soon as I entered the room, I heard the guys do wolf whistles at me. I glanced over at Zayn, he didn't move at all, instead he just starred at Harry, I know he isn't very happy about this.

Harry smiled at me "You look great! Ready to go?"

"Yeah, you guys try not to eat all of my food" I teased them then laughed.

"Don't worry Melody, I'll make sure to control them" Liam told me laughing.

I started to follow Harry out the door of my flat, he put his hand on my waist, and my breath caught in my throat. I wasn't excepting that, I didn't know what do, he led me over to his car and opened the passenger side door for me. I smiled and got inside the car, I sifted in the cool leather seat, he got in and started up the car. He pulled out of the drive way and down the street, I watched him drive out of the corner of my eye, he smiled cheekily.

"Having fun watching me?" he said teasingly giving me another cheeky smile.

"I wasn't watching you" I replied turning my eyes back on the road.

He laughed to himself as we pulled into the restaurant parking lot, there was quite a few people here tonight and I wouldn't be surprised if Harry had a lot of fans coming up to him. As soon as we stepped out of the car I was right, five girls came running up to Harry yelling and asking for autographs and pictures, he smiled at them politely.

He came around to my side of the car "Sorry girls, I'm on a date tonight"

He puts his hand on my waist and we headed inside, the girls looked disappointed but were giggling to them selfs, we got inside and Harry led me over to the hostess to get our table.

"Hello, I have a reservation for seven o'clock under Styles" he gave the girl a cheeky smile, I am actually surprised she didn't faint.

She led us to our table, she stuttered most of the time but that didn't come as a shock, she told us our waiter will be right with us. I gave Harry a smile, it wasn't as awkward as I thought it was going to be, yet a big part of me wished it was Zayn. I don't really mind being on this date with Harry, I do have a feeling that he likes me more than he has ever let on, I don't think I have any feelings towards Harry like he does towards me. I know I was being stupid and that I should just tell Harry but for some reason I couldn't, I don't know why, it's complicated and I feel like there is a battle going on in my head when I think about it. The waiter came over and took our drink order and gave us menus, Harry gave me another smile.

"Your finding this uncomfortable aren't you?" he asked looking at my face "I can tell by your expression."

"Just a little" I replied "It's just awkward you know? I mean, your one of Zayn's best mates."

"Yeah but he's okay with it, I had asked him if it would be alright" he looked at his menu "considering your best friends and all"

"Oh...yeah" I looked down at the menu.

The waiter came back over with our drinks "You two ready to order?"

"I think we are gonna need a few more minutes." Harry relied and the waiter left.

I decided what I wanted a few minutes ago but looked kept my eyes on the menu, Zayn let Harry ask me out? So I guess that means he doesn't feel the same way about me, I should have known really, I just didn't want to believe it. I admit that I am a little heart broken, okay now that's a lie, I'm a lot heart broken. Some part of me had hoped Zayn was in love with me, and another part of knew he probably wasn't. I knew I had to try my best not to let Harry see my emotions, I took a sip of my drink and nearly choked on it.

Harry's head shot up "Are you okay?"

"What is this?" I asked starring down at it.

"It's their house special, it's supposed to be good" he laughed at the expression on my face.

The rest off the date seemed to go pretty well, I kept a smile on my face even though inside I was upset, I really should just tell Harry. We headed out to the car and got in and Harry started the engine, he started to pull out the parking lot and glanced over at me, I was starring out the window thinking. All I could think about was Zayn, how much I wished I was out with him instead of Harry, I had to try and move on. Deep down inside I know I can't move on but I have to at least try to, Harry pulled his car into my drive way and we got out, he put his arm around my waist and I got goose bumps.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zayn's POV

I saw the head lights pull into the drive way, I was the only one left awake, the others had fallen asleep during the movie we watched. I had been sitting on the couch going though my phone for the past twenty minutes, I got up and looked out the window, I watched silently as Harry put his arm around Mel's waist. I couldn't watch this, I wished it was me out there but I was to much of a coward to ask her out, what I saw next made it unbearable. I watched as Harry stood in front of Melody and kissed her, the worst part was that it looked like she enjoyed the kiss, I heard the front door open and turned away from the window. Why was I doing this to myself? Why couldn't I just tell her? Liam was right, he warned me that not telling Harry was a mistake, I hate to admit but Liam is always right when it comes to this sort of thing. Mel smiled at me as she headed into her bed room.

I was left standing in the living room with Harry, he gave me a grin and headed over to sit down on the couch, I looked back out the window. I don't know if Harry could tell what I was thinking but I tried to hide it, I knew Mel would be happier with Harry then she could ever be with me, it wasn't even worth trying to tell her now. All I could do was hope that he would treat her right, my mind started to drift of to when I first met Melody. Long before the Xfactor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Melody's POV

I sat down on my bed and removed my shoes, Harry had kissed me! What was I going to do? What about Zayn? My head started pounding as a headache started to form on the right side of my head, I just need to sleep this off and see how I feel in the morning...except there was one problem.

I think I'm starting to like Harry.