Chapter 21: Hey Moon..

Start from the beginning

Camila insisted that they didn't have anymore time to stop so Lauren had to feed her the pancakes whenever they had to stop for the red light or the LA traffic. The strawberry jam occasionally reached Camila's cheek somehow and Lauren wiped it away with some tissues. But there was one time where Lauren leaned it to lick it instead.

Camila almost crashed her car onto a tree.

"Lauren! Fuck, baby, don't distract me!" Camila steered the car back on the right track and sped up a bit. Lauren smirked as she closed her eyes tightly, feeling calm due to Camila's presence and Catfish and the bottlemen playing at the radio.

When they reached their destination, Lauren was fast asleep. Camila rubbed the top of Lauren's hair and although Lauren was going to pretend to continue sleeping, she couldn't fight the smile forming on her lips.

"I know you're awake.. open your eyes sweetheart.." Camila laughed, kissing the tip of her nose. Lauren opened her eyes dramatically and then took off her seatbelt. She was astonished by the view in front of her. Camila took them to a beach, wait no- the beach. This was the beach where everything started.

--

Camila was looking at the sky above her, admiring how the stars twinkle and the moon lights up the dark sky. She shivered a bit, making Lauren pull her in her embrace. She kissed the top of Camila's head and wrapped her legs around Camila's waist.

"Hey moon.." Camila whispered, and Lauren watched her weirdly.

"This is the girl I've been telling you about, isn't she just gorgeous?" Camila continued talking and Lauren wondered even more whether or not she was referring to the actual moon.

"I mean look at her... she's just.." Camila touched Lauren's jaw and eyed her soft lips that she wanted so badly to taste.

"But she's my friend..." Camila whispered.

"Should I tell her?" Camila asked herself, or maybe asked the moon, Lauren wasn't sure.

"You should.." Lauren answered instead. Camila closed her eyes, terrified of this, whatever this is. She leaned down and kissed her. This was the first time their lips met each other's after so long of wanting to taste each other's. Their lips moved slowly in sync, afraid of hurting the other's.

"It's my- first kiss." Camila breathed out.

"I know.. I'm sorry?"

"No.. it's perfect. You're perfect." Camila breathed out, their faces an inch away from each other. Camila didn't want to kiss her, no matter how much she enjoyed it, she just wanted to admire the beautiful girl in front of her. Was she.. gay? She didn't care. She just wanted Lauren.

"Lo.. what are we gonna do?" Camila was only fifteen.. she was terrified of everything. They were both straight and it scared her, she's sure it scared Lauren too.

"I- I Don't know."

--

"Is this okay?" Camila whispered as she hugged her neck tightly, afraid to lose Lauren. Lauren pulled her body on top of her lap and wrapped her arms on Camila's waist.

"Perfect." Lauren replied, smiling widely to assure her. "Like you." She added cheekily. They stared at each other's eyes that they loved so much, lost in their own worlds. They didn't realize the cell phones that a group of girls held to record them.

"Are we just chilling today?" Lauren asked.

"Pretty much... is that okay?" Camila was suddenly worried if she fucked up their first official date back.