Day's in the Sun

Poppy was lying in her bed, Branch tending to her wounds, the trolls watching him. Poppy looked up at Branch, who was twisting a cloth filled with warm water, he made sure that no excess water was in it, slowly he placed it on Poppy's wound, unfortunately, Poppy did not enjoy it.

"OW!" she screamed in pain, "That HURT!", "MAYBE IF YOU DIDN'T MOVE IT WOULDN'T HURT AS MUCH!" Branch yelled back, "WELL IF YOU HADN'T OF RUN AWAY!" Poppy yelled in defense, "IF YOU HADN'T OF SACRED ME OFF!!" Branch yelled at her, Poppy didn't know what to say "W-Well if you hadn't of gone into the west wing!!" She told him, "If you hadn't of been so SELFISH!!" Branch yelled back, Poppy got very angry at this, she immediately turned away from the boy and pulled the cover over every part of her body except her eyes. Branch rolled his eyes and left the bedside, he walked towards the trolls, his expression filled with disbelief. "Why do you still work for her?" He asked, "It's not so easy to explain," Cooper told him, "Years ago, Poppy's mother passed away due to a horrid sickness, her father passed away six days later" Suki told him.

"So, Poppy was left under the care of her horrid aunt, who taught her selfish needs" Biggie filled in, Guy Diamond nodded and finished off the story, "And that is what changed her into a beast in the first place.","I'm still confused," Branch said "Why did YOU get turned into trolls? You did nothing", "Exactly," Cooper said, a tear falling down his eye "We did nothing, we did nothing to prevent it." Branch's eyes widened, he slowly turned to Poppy who was crying softly in her bed.

FLASHBACK

Poppy, who is at the age of 5, was standing over her parent's bed. Both of them laid there, motionless, lifeless, The girl couldn't help but cry, her friends watching in the background.

Poppy:

Day's in the sun, where my life has barely begun

Not until my whole life is done, will I ever leave you?

Poppy felt a hand on her shoulder, she looked up at her aunt who was taking her away from her parents. Poppy let several tears fall down her face as she walked away.

REALITY:

Chenille is playing a tune as she watches Cooper and Suki dancing

Chenille:

Will I tremble again? To my dear ones Or Just refrain?

Cooper:

Will you now forever remain?

Suki:

Out of reach of my Arms?

Guy Diamond:

Oh those days in the sun, what I'd give to relive just one!

Biggie:

Undo what's done, and bring back the love

Satin's voice was heard from upstairs, her singing just as lovely as ever

Satin:

Oh, I could sing

Of the pain these Dark days bring

The spell we're under, still it's a wonder of us

I sing of, tonight

Branch:

How in the midst of all this sorrow?

Can so much hope and love endure?

I was innocent and certain

Now I'm wiser but unsure

Branch (Satin accompaniment):

I can't go back to my childhood

(All those precious days)

One that my father made secure

(...couldn't last)

Branch:

I can feel a change in me

I'm stronger now but still not free

All:

Day's in the sun will return

We must believe, as lovers do

That day's in the sun will come shining through

(SONG END)

Cooper, Biggie and Guy Diamond were sitting in the main foyer, each was starting to have problems. Branch happened to walk out and overhear their conversation, "Hey guys!" he exclaimed, Guy Diamond turned around swiftly, but felt it hard to properly fly, Biggie turned around and felt a pain in his stomach, Cooper tried to turn around quickly, but found it hard due to his body feeling like steel.

"Are you okay?" he asked the three boys, all of them replied with a head shake, "Branch" Cooper started, "Do you know what happens if the Poppy falls?" he asked, Branch shook his head, "If the last petal falls, Poppy remains a Beast forever" Biggie told her, "And we remain and Antiques forever" Guy Diamond filled in. Branch suddenly felt guilty, he had never felt that way before, "Is there anything I can do?" he asked, The boys all shared glances, "Yes" Cooper replied "If you manage to properly fall in love with her before the last petal falls, the spell will break and we will return to normal", "Will it work?" Branch asked, "YES!" the three boys exclaimed together.

Branch's head was then filled with things he had never thought of before, instead of thinking about lives like his fairytale friends, he began to think about his stay, in this castle, was he living his own story? was he going to find his true love? Surely, no-one would ever love a beast...

But....

The thought of the beast did bring up a thought about a certain someone, a certain man by the name of...

.......Creek....

A/N

Now you can guess what the next song will be!