Grandma goes off

Branch rushed inside his house, his Grandma sitting at the table with a music box in front of her. She turned her head and saw her grandson standing in the doorway, "Hello Branch!" she exclaimed, "Back so early?", Branch smiled at his Grandma, he placed his basket on the table and went to the kitchen, he got out a cookbook and flicked through the pages. "So...Will you be OK by yourself tonight Branch?" She asked Rosiepuff was going out tonight, she was going to an inventors convention and she always worried when she left her Grandson alone in the house by himself, she didn't trust anyone in the village that much. Branch was getting out some baking items, whilst listening to his Grandma, "Yes Grandma, I'll be fine, I can manage myself" Branch replied with a smile as he started working on the recipe from the cookbook, "Are you sure Branch?" She asked again "You know you're welcome to come along ANYTIME you wish!" "Grandma, every year, you go to the convention you leave me alone in the house and every time you return I turn out fine" Branch replied, leaving the kitchen and walking up to his grandma.

"Your right, I can always trust you Branch" She got up and hugged her Grandson, who was getting embarrassed a little by it. "Well Anyways, I'm off" Rosiepuff got up and grabbed a basket, filled with all sorts of doohickeys, "Love you, Honey, stay safe!" She called out as she jumped onto her horse, "I love you too grandma! Come back soon!" Branch called back.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

As soon as Rosiepuff galloped out of sight, Branch trotted off the steps to the washing area, where a young girl with a purple dress on was waiting for him. "Bonjour Branch!" she greeted, "Bonjour little lady" he replied with a chuckle. The girl's name was lavender, she was a kind-hearted girl but she was very silent ever since she lost something...or someONE important to her, but she never let that get in the way of spending time with Branch, she saw him like a Big Brother. "What are you reading today?" Lavender asked, Branch looked up and smiled, she signaled her to sit next to him, doing so, Branch wrapped his arm around her and shuffled closer as he read some words from the book, 

  "The children were walking on hour after hour into what seemed a delicious dream. Long ago they had left the coats behind them. And by now they had even stopped saying to one another, "Look! There's a kingfisher!" or "I say, bluebells!" or "What was that lovely smell?" or "Just listen to that thrush!" They walked on in silence drinking it all in, passing through patches of warm sunlight into cool, green thickets and out again into wide mossy glades where tall elms raised the leafy roof far overhead, and then into dense masses of flowering currant and among hawthorn bushes where the sweet smell was almost overpowering. "

Lavender smiled as he kept on reading, well that was until a voice was heard, which interrupted her thoughts. "What is going on?" The Headmaster yelled, Lavender struggled to find the right words, Branch saw the look on her face, so he finally spoke up for the two "I was reading part of my book to her sir,  I feel like you become more educated and prepared that way" Branch stated "I believe that younger people should start reading straight away, so when their older they don't lack the imagination" "That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard!" The Headmaster said, Mandy Sparkledust was walking by and heard the conversation, "Oh be easy on the poor lad, it's not easy trying to fit in here you know", The headmaster rolled his eyes, 4 kids, younger than lavender came out from behind the washing well (or whatever it's called), One wore a Bluecoat, the other wore the same coat but it was a lighter blue and had glitter sequins on it with a with shirt underneath, and a pair of twins one with a Redcoat on and one with a Pink dress on. Their names were Midge, A.J, Calypto, and Valentine, "Whats going on?" midge asked cocking his head to the side a little, Lavender lifted her head to look at him "Nothing Buddy, just-" but her sentence was interrupted by the headmaster, "YES, NOTHING IS HAPPENING, Lavender, you will go away from Branch, and Branch you will leave this area and go back to your home, its bad enough we have ONE Bookworm, we don't need another" Branch glared at the Headmaster, he grabbed his book and stomped off towards his house, Lavender looked sad, she turned to face the headmaster, she glared at him, her eyes filled with anger.  She ran away, anger on her face, Mandy sighed as she walked pass the Headmaster, who felt no guilt, it was clear as day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Branch was still walking towards him home, when he happened to stumbled upon a certain person by his door, "Creek?" Branch asked The man turned his head "BRANCH!" Creek said with a smile, Branch smiled at the sight of him, but took a glance into one of his hands and saw a flower, definitely not odd. "What are you doing here Creek?" he asked, "Oh well I thought I'd just stop by and ask if...You'd like to be friends?", "Wait, is that all you wanted?" He asked Creek nodded hesitantly, Branch sighed a little, "Sorry if I look annoyed, but the Headmaster yelled at me for just READING to lavender" "Oh that's OK Branch" Creek replied, "I really wanted to know how you were today, I really wanted to become friend's with you because your so interesting, and maybe if we became friends we can-" "Look Creek, just stop there" Branch said "Look, if you just came all this way to ask me to be your friend, you couldn't have picked a worse time than this, I'm not in the mood for making friends right now buddy" Branch said, Creek frowned a little "You're sounding so grey buddy, maybe I could-" "NO!" Branch yelled "Leave me alone!!" he said shoving Creek onto the floor, Everyone gasped, they all saw Branch shove Creek, Branch didn't seem to care at all.

Branch rolled his eyes and walked away to the meadow.