Chapter 43

"Come back soon!" Heather waves as you, Liam, and Niall get in your car to leave. You give her a reassuring nod and wave, letting her know that you definitely would be back soon. I mean, your father was marrying her. Of course you were going to be here more often.

You drive down the road in silence, until Liam lets out a big sigh.

"What?" you ask curiously.

He shakes his head, "Nothing. I'm just tired I guess."

You knew Liam well enough to know that he wasn't just 'tired'.

You didn't want to intrude on him though, so instead, you just say, "You should have went to bed earlier."

"Well it's kinda hard when I have you distracting me," he winks and gives your thigh a small squeeze.

Niall groans in the backseat, and you let out a small giggle. In some ways, you felt sympathy towards him because he didn't have a girlfriend, or somebody to 'distract' him at night as well.

You think to yourself about Niall having a girlfriend. He would probably just sit on the couch all day and eat with her. You laugh a little at the thought.

You notice the car accelerating as Liam grips his hands tighter around the steering wheel.

"Liam, slow down. You're going way too fast," you hold onto the edge of the seat to brace yourself.

"Just.. shut up," he says sternly, then softens his voice, "please."

You are appalled by his sudden change in behavior. He never tells you to shut up.

"All I'm saying is to slow down."

Niall speaks up from the backseat, "Yeah, seriously. Slow down. You're going like 85,"

"Both of you, shut up! I know how to fucking drive!" he shouts angrily and you see his body go tense as he grips the steering wheel harder.

You sink further into your seat a bit and keep you mouth shut. You had no clue what his problem was, but you didn't want to anger him any farther. You knew what he was capable of doing.

An oncoming curve in the road is coming up, and if Liam doesn't slow down, we will fly right off the road.

"Liam, I'm not joking!" you yell as the twist in the road comes closer. There was no sign of him slowing down though. You knew exactly what was coming.

"LIAM!" you shout once again as he flies around the curve. You feel the car turn sideways and start rolling.

How many times can a car roll? It seems to be never ending as the car tumbles down the side of the road and down a hill. Was this really happening right now? How were you even still conscious? You count how many times the car rolls down the hill. 9 times.

The car finally stops rolling, and there's a sudden stillness in the air. A sharp pain comes from your forehead, and you reach your fingers up to it. Blood.

That was one thing for sure, blood was everywhere.

You suddenly remember the other two guys, as you look over at Liam. His seat belt had somehow broken, and he was halfway in the front seat, halfway in the backseat. And another thing to know is that he was unconscious. Oh god.. no. Please.. no. Please don't let him die.

You unbuckle and turn around the best you can to look at Niall. He had blood pouring out of his forehead, indicating a piece of glass stuck in it. They both were covered in blood, as well as yourself.

You didn't know what else to do, so you reach for Liam first and try to find a pulse. Nothing.

"No!" you scream and lay your head against his chest. No heart beat. Nothing at all.