Chapter 37

You walk off and leave Liam standing there alone. If he wanted to play hard, that's exactly what you would do. Instead of letting this ruin your night, you were going to have a little fun with this and give Liam a taste of his own medicine.

You walk through the mass of bodies in search of one person. Niall.

You spot him sitting at the bar next to the blonde girl he was talking to just earlier. It looked like they were carrying on a pretty good conversation. Well, mostly Niall. As to why he was doing all of the talking while the blonde girl sipped her drink and stared deeply at him as he spoke, her expression almost emotionless. Niall's face was all lit up, his hands flying through the air. It looked as if he was telling a story which he thought was pretty amusing, but she didn't respond very well.

You didn't want to be rude by interrupting them, but Niall was your only way out of this.

You walk up and stand next to him, but don't say anything. Niall seems to notice you and stops his story as he turns his attention to you, "Yeah?"

"Are you busy?" you ask, uncertain.

"Yes," he admits, looking back at the girl. She was gorgeous, but the deep scowl on her face made her the complete opposite as she stared at you, obviously angry that you interrupted.

"I need to talk to you." you say. He looks at the girl, then at you, then back to the girl.

"I'll be back," He says to her. She shrugs and turns back to the bar and takes a drink, excusing Niall to come with you. He follows you over to another wall, out of everybody's way.

"What?" he asks, a bit rudely.

"What's wrong with you?" you ask at his sudden mood change. Suddenly, he bursts into laughter and squeezes his eyes shut as he pats your shoulder. You stare at him in confusion.

"Niall, are you drunk?"

He laughs again, "Fuck!" he screams loudly. This wasn't going to be as easy as you thought.

"Just dance with me." you demand. He pulls away from you, his expression becoming angry again.

"Fuck Brooke, you're all over me tonight! I guess you finally took my advice and broke up with that douche?" He laughs drunkly and holds his stomach as he does so.

You stare at him as he giggles to himself and changes moods every so often. Niall was a weird drunk.

"You said you wouldn't bring that up anymore." you say. He leans his head back against the wall and stares up at the ceiling in amusement.

"How do they get the lights up there?" He wonders out loud, ignoring what you had just previously said. You wanted Niall to be normal again so he would actually listen to you, instead of worrying about the lights.

"Niall, just dance with me. It will be fun, I promise." you assure him. He looks back down at you and frowns.

"Fine Brookie."

Did he seriously just call you Brookie?

He suddenly grabs your arm and takes you out into the middle of all the bodies. He places a hand on your back, and interlaces his fingers with yours in his other hand as he 'dances'.

You laugh as he attempts to ballroom dance, "Niall, we're not at the ball."

"Well you said you wanted to dance. And we're dancing, aren't we?" He laughs and spins you around then pulls you against his chest after he does. Your faces are inches apart, and you can feel his deep breathing puffing on your face, the smell of alcohol lingering on his breath.