32

I woke up to my alarm blaring. Why does the world hate me? School starts way too early. Today was different. I could feel it. I mean yeah I am spending the whole day in art to finish my project, but that's not it. Something else was going to happen. I walked to my bathroom and turned on the shower. I pulled off my warm, comfy pyjamas and my body was exposed to the crisp morning air. I stepped in and did what I needed to do.

After about five minutes, I decided it was time to get out. I turned off the water and wrapped a fluffy white towel around me. I walked out of the bathroom and to my wardrobe. I grabbed a guns n roses football tee, black leggings and high tops. I quickly put them on and went downstairs to eat breakfast.

When I got down there, I grabbed an apple and a bottle of water. "but I hate it...". I heard Matt say as him and Val walked into the kitchen. "I don't really care... please Matt it's for my parents... even Blakes going" Val pleaded. "Yeah only cause she has to" Matt argued like a 5-year-old. "I'm going where?" I asked them. "To my parents anniversary dinner," Val stated. "Cool," I shrugged, not really bothered about it. "It's black tie". "ugh" I whined. "Really? Do I have to go? It sounds boring if it's black tie". "you are just like your father and yes, you are both going" She stated. "And that's final". me and Matt whined at the thought. "You almost ready kid?" Matt asked me. "almost". I ran upstairs to brush my teeth and grab my bag.

Once I was done I ran back down to Matt who was waiting for me by the door. "So, who were you with last night?". Here we go. "Maxx," I told him. "What did you do?". "Homework, each other, ate pizza" I was joking about the each other part and said it really fast to see if he would pick up on it. "WHAT?!" he almost shouted and I started laughing. "I'm Kidding, just homework and ate pizza". "Hm. Homework sounds suspicious, what homework was it?" He clearly didn't believe me. "English". "were his parents there?". "For the most part yes" "How long were you alone for?". "about 20 minutes". "Ok, I'm believing you"

When we arrived, Cody was waiting for me so we could walk to art together. "Is that Maxx?". "No, it's Cody, goodbye love you," I said quickly and got out of the car. "Hey," I said walking up to Cody. "Sup, ready for art?". "kind of". "shut up you'll be fine Blake... Let's go or we will be late"

We walked through the doors to our art exam and sat at our desk. We had the whole day to create at least 3 pieces of art. I decided mine was going to be a tribute kinda thing to my favourite author, H.G Wells.

I started on a portrait of him. It was going to take the longest and It needed more detail.

*time skip cause I'm really lazy*

I finally finished my last piece. It was the alien from his book 'war of the worlds'. My second piece was from his book 'the invisible man'. "wow, they're amazing" Cody said when he saw my work. "Thanks, your's are too". He smiled at me. He looked kinda nervous but I don't know why. Our exam has finished so he doesn't need to worry about that. I guess I'll find out later.

The final bell has gone finally. "Hey Blake, could I ask you something?" Cody asked me as I was about to walk out of the door. "Sure, what's up?" I smiled at him. "Er... Would you maybe possibly go on a date with me?... I mean if you don't want to that's cool, I mean who would want to go out with someone like me? Oh God, I'm so stupid why did I even ask you? I'm so sorry" he started rambling. "Shut up a minute," I told him and he immediately went silent. He looked so nervous. Aww, he's adorable when he's nervous. "I would love to go on a date with you," I told him. "really?" he smiled. I nodded. "Great, I'll text you later then?" "sure," I said. "Oh my God, you don't realise how happy I am right now like nothing could kill my mood, thank you," He said. I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I pulled it out and saw it was from Matt. "Hurry the fuck up! this stupid party starts soon" It read. "I gotta go, I'll talk to you later," I said and kissed his cheek. It left a soft pink stain, but it was covered by his face going red. "Yeah, I better get home before my mom starts to worry". Wet waved goodbye and went our separate ways.

I opened the car door and got in. "what took you so long?" Matt asked as soon as he saw me. "er.. I was talking to someone" I told him. Problem was, I can't get this smile off of my face. "Truth". "It is," I told him. I mean technically it's true, I was talking to someone. "Whatever let's just go," He said and we drove home.

"where have you guys been?" Val asked as soon as we walked through the door. "I was late out of the exam" I lied so we both didn't get into trouble. She nodded and told me to get dressed quickly.

I ran upstairs and straight to my wardrobe. I picked out a black dress with lace, black tights and some black flats. I then walked into the bathroom and turned on my straighteners. When they were warm enough, I started to straighten my hair.

Honestly, I can't believe Cody asked me out. I'm so fucking happy, oh my God. "Hey sweetie almost ready?" Val asked me, scaring me. "fuck" I shouted as I burned myself on the neck. "Are you ok?" she asked between laughs. "I guess". "to answer your first question, I just need to touch up my makeup". She nodded. ShouldI tell her about Cody? I mean she is basically my mum now so... "Hey, can I tell you something?" I asked her. "Sure, what's up sweetie?" She asked concerned. "Promise not to tell Matt?". She promised and I told her to close the door. God, why am I so nervous? She sat down on the counter as I started to touch up my makeup. "So the real reason I was late... was because..." I paused. Should I make up another excuse? I looked at her, she was waiting patiently for me to continue. I smiled thinking about the memory. "Cody, asked me out on a date" I blurted quickly so I had no time to regret my decision. Her face lit up. "OH, MY GOD! Tell me everything," she shouted. "Ok so, I was walking out of art and he stopped me and said he needed to ask me a question. He was really nervous and adorable. When I said yes he looked so happy and yeah" I told her. It made sense to me but I don't think it made much sense to her. She smiled. "I'm so happy for you". "But you can't tell anyone, got it?". "Got it" she nodded. "Oh I remember my first date, it was magical" She spaced out thinking about it. "Are you guys ready or not?" Matt shouted. "Coming" we shouted at the same time, causing us to laugh. "Come on, let's go," Val said and we stood up and left.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to comment and vote,

stay safe fren xx