15

I changed into a mickey mouse tank and a pair of gym shorts. damn, I was tired. I put my phone on charge and laid down. I sent a text to the group chat

B: night guys love you xx

they all replied with love you too xx 

I locked my phone and put my head down on my pillow. it's crazy how one minute I was in England with my friends and now I'm in a new country with a new family. before I knew it I was asleep.

I woke up around 3 pm UK time. I heard the slight hum of the radio downstairs. I sighed and got out of bed. I had a shower last night so I did not need one. right now I don't care if matt finds out my taste in music. I'm lazy and don't want to find good outfit so I put on an RHCP shirt, black ripped jeans and black vans and some bracelets. I pulled the charger out of my phone and made my way downstairs. "good morning" Val said in a cheery tone as I walked into the kitchen. "morning" I replied with a lot less enthusiasm. I sat down at the table and went on my phone. Matt walked in about five minutes later and kissed me on the top of my head and gave Val a quick peck on the lips. " the guys will be round in about an hour" he told us and we both nodded. Val put a plate in front of me and two more down for her and Matt. I thanked her and started to eat. " so tell us about yourself" Matt said, I thought about for a moment " my full name is blake Kaja sanders, my mum never changed it. I was born on the 14th April 2001. my favourite colour is teal and that's really all " I told him, leaving out many things. " cool" he replied. I pulled out my phone again. I seem like I'm really anti-social. I realised I have an email from my German teacher. it read: blake I know you have left to go to America but you still need to work on your controlled assessment.

well then guess I should go do that. " I'll be back in a sec" I told them and ran upstairs to get my german book. I walked back downstairs and sat with them again. I opened my book. I have to have over 200 words for this. so far I had: normalerweise verbringe ich mein urlaub mit meiner familie in kanada. ich fahre fur drie wochen in sommer und ich mag das, weil es scon ist. Normalerweise fahren wir immer mit dem flugzeug, denn es ist zeimlich schnell und bequem, jedoch ist es sehr teuer und nicht sehr umwelt-fruendlich. ich ubernachte gern in einem ferienhaus. wo man sich entspannen kann, jedoch ist es nicht sehr billig.

letzen sommer bin ich mit meiner familie nach fur eine wche gefahren. wir England sind mit meiner fruenden gebleiben. ich bin einkaufen gegangen und ich habe essen gekauft. es war sehr heiss. die stadt sehr schon. ich bin mit war denn auto gehfarhen. wir sind in die stadt gegangen und wir haben die sehenswurdigkeiten besucht. am abend haben wir im restaurant gegessen und es war sehr gut.

nachtes jahr, werde ich mit meinen freunden nach California fahren.

it was terrible but honestly, I don't care. I carried on writing. I felt someone staring at me the whole time. I looked up to see matt staring at me with bewilderment. "how can you do that" he said. I simply shrugged and carried on writing. after about 10 minutes, there was a knock at the door. I started to feel the same way I did when I met Matt. I guess Val could tell I was nervous, as she put her hand on my shoulder and told me it will be ok. I heard Matt unlock the door nd greet them all. I concentrated on my controlled assessment. focusing on something like writing always helps me calm down. I heard heavy footsteps start to walk to the kitchen. "blake" Matt said and I slowly looked up. " hi" I said and waved at them. "hey!" Jimmy shouted and ran over to me, squeezing me tightly. I was struggling to breathe. " ok Jimmy don't break my kid" Matt laughed.  he let go and held me at an arm's length. he studied my face. I felt really awkward. "I'm Jimmy" he suddenly shouted, shocking me a little. how can one man be so hyper? "I'm blake." I replied. "cool name" he told me. "alright Blake, these are your uncles Brian, Zacky, Johnny and you have already met Jimmy" Matt told me. once again I waved at them. I turned back to my work. I think it might be done. it's pretty shit but it will do. it's not like I care if I do well in German anyway. I have never cared about learning languages. I don't even care about the English language. "wow, tat's really cool... What does it say?" Jimmy asked.  I told him what it said and he looked confused. "how do you know that?" he questioned. "I've been practising for months" I told him.

soon Matt and the guys went out and left me and Val alone. "finally quiet" she breathed. I laughed at her and she smiled. "you have a beautiful laugh" she told me. I blushed and thanked her.  " so... I saw you speak a little German" she spoke. " yeah not much but some" I told her. "cool... so did you like, learn it at school or something" she asked. "yeah I took it as one of my options cause I was forced to" I replied. she nodded and took a sip of water. "do you want a drink?" she asked. "no I'm fine thanks" I replied. "ok... just remember this is your house now so treat it like your own. Oh1 and don't be afraid to ask for anything." she said. I smiled at her. a text came up on my phone. it read: "Blake, Ms allec told me to tell you that you got an A* on your art project. Well done! love you xx." it was from Onyx. I smiled. I thought that piece of work was really bad but apparently not. "who was that?" Val asked. obviously, my smile intrigued her. I was my friend Onyx. he told me I got an A* on my art project" I told her truth fully. " well done. but you were texting a boy" she teased. " he's gay" I told her. "do you have a boyfriend?" she asked. I shook my head. " I don't want one right now anyway" I told her. " good" she smiled. "you don't need one, they are a pain in the arse" she said half jokingly, half serious. I could tell she was referring to Matt. I laughed. "Now you go enjoy yourself while I start lunch... is spaghetti alright?" she asked.  I nodded and ran to my room.