Chapter 10: We're Being Invaded?

Start from the beginning

"No, it will be fine. I'm going to tell her I have to cover Metropolis until Kal-El comes back. She can even check with Lois who can confirm that Clark is in outer space defending the galaxy. Then, anytime things get heated with Lena, I will whoosh away. It's brilliant."

Alex shrugged. "If you say so, but Kara, wouldn't it make more sense just to tell Lena the truth?"

"About who I am?"

"About who we all are," Alex clarified. "We need her help to get home. It sounds like she loves her wife and will want her back. The DEO here is a bunch of psychos who can't help us. It's got to be Lena."

"Okay, that's a good point." Kara thought for a moment and then nodded. "You're right. I'd like to get Lillian out of the house first. As nice as she is, she doesn't know Kara is Supergirl. I keep getting flashbacks of fighting Metallo and of the Medusa virus. When she hugged me, my skin crawled. Lena doesn't want her mother there, so getting Lillian out shouldn't be too hard. Anyway, we don't want to be opening a portal to another dimension with Lillian Luthor around, do we?"

"That's a hard no," Alex replied.

"What about Lillian Luthor?" Maggie asked as she came back into the room.

"Kara has agreed to tell Lena who we really are. She just wants to get rid of her mother-in-law first."

Maggie nodded. "Probably a good plan. Are you getting an evil vibe from her?"

"No. I'm getting a Lillian Luthor vibe from her. That's evil enough. She isn't nice to Lena, and Lena is really sweet. I just want to..." Kara held up her hands, squeezing them into fists and shaking them. "I went through a lot of flatware during dinner last night. I'll need to have some extras tonight if Lillian is having dinner with us."

"Dinner with Lillian Luthor. How awful is that?" Maggie asked.

"Honestly, it's one of the worst things I've ever had to do in all my time as Supergirl. Hey, you two should join us."

"I think I'm persona non grata," Maggie replied.

"We could make an exception," Kara said.

"No, she's right. If you think you're in trouble with Lena now, you'd be a dead Kryptonian walking if you brought home a DEO agent," Alex pointed out.

"Maybe Lillian would leave?" Kara suggested.

"Or maybe she'd get worried, and she'd refuse to leave. I tell you what, Little Danvers. You pass it by Lena. If she wants my charming company, or not charming, lady's choice, I'll come crash your party. I assume the food is good," Maggie said.

"We serve meat."

Maggie and Alex looked at each other.  Maggie shrugged.

"Talk to Lena.  I'm in," Alex said.

"Okay. So, what are you two doing today?"

"I have no idea what I do around here," Alex admitted. "I'm a doctor, but I can't exactly practice medicine, so I guess I just...wait?"

"Oh, man! Winn!" Maggie slapped her head.

"What about him?" Kara asked.

"I was supposed to meet him last night and talk about our energy burst from when we crossed over. When I couldn't find my place, I planned to text him. He wasn't in my phone under his name. I'm sure he's in there with some stupid nickname. I was going to go through all my contacts last night, but then I totally brained it. There were so many names there I didn't know."

"Okay, well just see him at the DEO today. No big deal," Kara said.

"Uh, I messed up yesterday at the DEO. I said something about Kara and Supergirl and the roof. I didn't know that Henshaw knew who you were. He's onto me. Winn thinks I'm doing some kind of check-up on Henshaw, that I'm up for his job, and Winn is helping me. Crap. Now I'm going to have to come up with an excuse for why I blew off the one guy in my corner," Maggie said as she dropped onto the bed again.