Chapter 10: We're Being Invaded?

<Author notes: This takes in the 'other dimension' with the characters from 'our dimension.'>

"Alex, Maggie, wake up," Kara said.

"We're awake, Kara," Alex replied.

"Sorry about the noise," Kara said. "You had something in front of the door."

"That was the point kid. It was supposed to make noise." Maggie sat up yawning. "What time is it?"

"It's 6:00 AM. I need to get home, but I wanted to tell you I went to Metropolis to see Clark."

"Clark?" Maggie asked.

Kara and Alex stared at each other.

"This is a, 'She doesn't know?' moment, isn't it?" Maggie asked.

Kara shrugged. "We're in another dimension. I just don't care right now. Clark Kent is Superman."

"Ah," Maggie said with a nod. "Move, Alex. I need to go pee."

"That's it?" Kara asked. "You find out who Superman is and that's all you say?"

"Kid, I'm a detective. You people need better disguises than a pair of glasses. I honestly have no idea how you ever hide from anyone." She patted Alex. "Now seriously, I have to go pee."

Alex slid out of the way, letting Maggie leave the room. "She's amazing, isn't she? She's absolutely unflappable."

"I'm happy for you," Kara said sitting next to her sister and giving Alex a one-armed hug.

"So what did Clark say?"

"He wasn't there, however, I spoke to his wife..." Kara sat with her mouth open, a slight smile on her lips.

"Do I have to guess?"

Kara nodded.

"I'm not guessing."

"Oh, come on. Just guess."

Eyes narrowed, Alex yelled, "Hey, Mags! Clark Kent is married in this dimension! Guess who his wife is!"

"Uh...Lois Lane!?" Maggie yelled back from the bathroom.

"How the fu...!?" Kara lifted her arms, slapping them down onto the bed. "How does she do that?"

"She's a detective. She detects. Okay, so what did Lois tell you?"

"Clark is off planet dealing with an interplanetary invasion."

Head jutting forward and eyebrows raised, Alex said, "Excuse me?"

"I offered to help, but Lois told me Kal-El had it. She called him Kal-El," Kara said with a smile. "It was so cute. She seemed happy. I bet they're happy."

"We're being invaded?"

"They're in the galaxy, but not our atmosphere. It's a peripheral incident. Don't worry about it."

"I'm worried," Alex said, worrying.

"No, Alex, this is a good thing."

"How is a space invasion a good thing?"

"It gives me an excuse with Lena," Kara said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"So, you intend to use our galaxy being under attack by aliens as a reason why you're dodging sex with your wife."

Kara grinned. "That's a solid excuse, right? That beats the hell out of having a headache, plus I don't get headaches."

"Somehow it's going to go badly for you. I don't know how, but I sense it."