Figuring Things Out

Start from the beginning

"I have to think on it ok babe." I said kissing him. "I have to get to class ok." I rushed off to class before he had the chance to respond and bumped into Jessica.

"Watch where the fuck you're going, BITCH." She snapped. I rolled my eyes at her. I was so tired of her and her rude comments. I've been trying like hell to take the high road but she was asking for it. I needed for her to know that the Monica she once knew was gone and this new girl was going to give her what she was asking for, an argument and maybe even ass whopping.

"I'm not going to be too many more of your bitches. Keep playing!" I said smiling at her walking away from her. I don't have the time. I rushed into class just before the bell rang and made it to my seat right next to Kayla.

"Hey Girlie!" Kayla said to me smiling and eyeing my outfit. I gave her a weak smile and like a true best friend she knew something was wrong. "Monica, what's wrong?" She asked as I sat down.

"Nothing, I'm fine." I said trying to play off the mount of stress weighing on my back but she knew better.

"No, Monica. Don't do this remember you can tell me anything. Now what's going on?" She said giving me soft eyes. I sighed pulling her desk closer to mine so only she could hear. The teacher started a movie and most students were into it so no one was paying us any mind. I gave her full details of all that happened with Rodney the night before and she just sat and listened to it all with big eyes as shocked as I was.

"So what you going to do? Monica, you should call the cops, run away tell Christian, something! You can't live like this." She said with tears starting to weld in her eyes.

"I can't call the cops and risk Ava and me being split up. I thought about running away but, where would I go. He's the closest surviving relative. And I could never tell Christian, I don't need him going off and doing anything crazy with the kind of future he has ahead."

"So what you going to do?"

"I don't know. I'll think of something." I said. We sat in silence. I looked over at her and she was in tears crying. I could tell this was having a big effect on her as well. She wanted to do more but there wasn't much she could do. I would have to choose and I just hope my decision was the right one.

Christian

I sat in class thinking hard about what Monica said to me this morning. When I originally asked, she was just fine with going to the dance and now she was giving me excuse after excuse on why she didn't think she'd be able to go. I didn't like it. I had to figure out a way to get her a little more excited. I knew she was a little uneasy about the fact that Omar and I weren't seeing eye to eye but, I love her and if my boy can't be happy for me then he wasn't my real boy to begin with.

"Paper, scissors, rock, SHOOT!. I heard Tray and Shawn yell as they were trying to figure out who was going to work with me versus Omar. I looked up to see someone drop books on my desk. It was Omar. I tensed up at the site of him.

"Yo?" I asked looking back at the two who had already started working. He sat down.

"We need to talk." He said. I sucked my teeth and leaned back in my chair.

"I don't have nothing to say to you man." I said protesting. He shook his head.

"Not at all man, I come in peace." He said lifting both hands up to surrender. I looked over at Shawn who was giving me the look while mouthing TALK. I sighed heavily then looked back at O.

"Alright, shoot." I said relaxing in my chair.

"We been boys for too long. I just thought we were better than us hiding petty shit."

"O, you don't like Monica. Why would I just up and tell you I was feeling her, you wouldn't support that. I couldn't risk losing her. Blame yourself for being mean to her for no reason."

"Bro, I get that but its more than just her. After you starting that tutoring you just went M.I.A. going to parties and shit." He said which made me realize that our friendship was starting to die way before Monica even got in the picture.

"I can apologize for my part in that. I was on some other stuff but you were wrong to do Monica like you have been she doesn't deserve that." I said.

"I'm really sorry about that. You're right she didn't. I guess it just started with Jessica and it just stuck. I'll apologize to her if it means we still boys." He said looking sincere. I give him narrow eyes really thinking if it was worth it. Omar and I have really been boys for a long time and to throw it away on something like this was stupid.

"If you apologize and never let it happen again then we cool. Sorry about your jaw."

"It's all good bro bro. I'm not made out of glass." He said and we laughed.

"Finally you two are back. Both of you get on our nerves when you fight." Tray said and him and Shawn sat down. I'm happy to have my boy back but I'll be waiting on that apology to my baby. Until then he we were back to nothing. I meant what I said. I love her and if you gone be my oy you are going to have to get used to her. Now all I have left to do is wait for his apology and hope that Monica get along with him. She says she hates him. Maybe they can get along after all the drama he's caused her. Only time will tell.