The Blind Side

Monica

School the next day was once again crappy. I could hear whispers about the bruise on my neck when in the locker changing for PE. I wore a turtleneck shirt but I could still hear Jessica and her flunkies talking about me. I don't understand why she picks on me I have done nothing to the girl. Kayla tells me that she's jealous because I'm prettier than her and that she has low self-esteem. Whatever it was it was starting to get annoying. After school I got on the bus to head for Christian place. When I got on I saw many unfamiliar faces. I still greeted the bus driver whom I didn't know. It wasn't long before my stop. I got off the bus at Christian house. It was a lot bigger than mine, really nice, had a three car garage and his car was sitting outside. I rang the doorbell and waited nervously. A young girl around my age opened the door.

"Hi, you must be Monica. I'm Destiny, you here for Christian bitch ass right." She laughed.

"Destiny that language." A lady warned, I'm assuming was their mother. Destiny rolled her eyes.

"Well don't just stand there pretty girl, come on in." She said and I smiled walking in. I stopped at the door I didn't know these people to be walking all threw they house. I immediately saw Omar and Shawn. Shawn wasn't ever really a problem but I hate Omar with a passion.

"Oh if it isn't Monicant. I see you changed." Omar laughed. I started to get angry at the thought of them pouring pickle juice all over me earlier. Thank god I had an extra shit for incidences like this. I rolled my eyes at him then a two people who I assumed were his parents came walking into the living room.

"Hi you must be Monica. My god you're gorgeous." His mother said hugging me. She was so sweet.

"So you're here to teach the dumb ass huh?" His father said I laughed a little. Just as quick as I could get my chuckle out Omar shot a jab.

"Don't laugh too hard." Omar snapped. I put my head down.

"What's your problem dude? Leave her alone. Don't you have a home to go to? Why are you here if Christian upstairs? You don't live here, go HOME" Destiny said and Shawn laughed.

"Destiny, weren't you going to dance practice?" Her father asked.

"Yeah, yeah I'm going but, Omar should leave if he's going to be rude. Christian needs to learn how to entertain him own company." And with that she walked out without saying bye to anyone. I only wished I had the courage to say what she said to Omar. I was simply too tired of fighting.

"Come on we'll take you to the dumb ass's room." His father said I laughed again. As we walked up the stairs to Christian's room. I could see all of the family photos on the walls as I made it up stairs. It sort of brought tears to my eyes, thinking back to how things used to be when my parents were around. The second door on the right was Christian's room

"Charles you better stop calling my son a dumb ass." I head his mom yell up the stairs as we made it in front of his door.

"Baby you know I'm only joking." He laughed opening Christian bedroom door.

"Aye dumb ass, somebody's here to see you." Christian father said as I walked in. Christian dad walked back down stairs. I stood at the door in silences waiting for him to invite me in. I heard his parents leaving closing the door behind them leaving Christian and I alone. Christian room was nice. Basketball posters everywhere. Trophies, metals, typical boy stuff.

"You going to just stand there or are we going to get to work?" He asked. I guess he had an attitude. I walked in and sat down at his desk and he sat on the other side. I took out my books and started asking him questions. This time he was kind of paying attention. I kept getting the feeling that he was staring at me. I could feel his eyes on me. I didn't like the feeling.