Love vs The Game

so...  I know yall lowkey mad that ive been gone and haven't updated. I'll allow you all to cus me out in the comments jut this one time lol. I'll update again when I can. I'm not even going to provide an excuse because none would even suffice..

Anyway Enjoy

-CV

-------

After five straight hours of church, Addisyn wanted to go home and sleep for the rest of the Sunday. she wasn't in the mood to do anything but rest. She was so proud that her brother and Desmond went to church. Desmond decided to let Kyle and Tandie stay at their house while they went to the getaway house. As soon as they made it to the house they went straight to the bed not even stopping in the kitchen to eat

"I'm really proud of you." She said slipping on one of his t-shirts he kept there.

"What I do?" He asked.

"You really went to church. I'm seriously proud." She said. He smacked his teeth.

"It wasn't the first time but, it's going to be last at least for a little while." He said stepping out of his pants and into some sweats. Addisyn looked at him.

"Why not? I thought you would come back with me next week?" She said. He snapped his head back looking at her like she had two heads.

"NO!" he said. She smacked her teeth shifting all her weight to one side.

"Desmond it's just church you act like something's going to go wrong if you go again." She said. Growing frustrated he sigh and imply responded.

"Addy, no now leave it alone." He said turning on the TV.

"Fine then, I wont ask you to go anymore." She said getting in bed with him.

"Thank you." He said kissing her forehead. They sat in silence watching TV until Desmond's phone rang.

"Pass me that baby." He said to Addy. She handed him the phone not even looking at it because she was so into the movie.

"Hello?" He said into the phone. After a few seconds he shot up upset.

"I'm on my way. Did you call Mel? What you mean no! That's his fuckin fiancée she deserves to know. I'm getting Kyle and we on our way." He said hanging up. "Shit!" he said throwing his phone on the bed.

"What happened?" Addisyn asked concerned.

"James got shot; he in the hospital now, getting surgery." He said rubbing his hand down his face. Addisyn looked shocked. She knew James was one of Desmond's best friends and she also cared for him like he was a brother so this wasn't good news at all.

"Is he going to be okay? How bad does it seem?" She asked. He sighed.

"I don't know but, stay in here, keep your cell phone on silent, pay attention to it at all times. Text me 911 if anything happens. I'll be back later. I'll lock up the house on my way out." He said. She nodded not wanting to upset him anymore than he already was. He grabbed his gun, picked up his phone and left, leaving Addisyn in completely clueless.

***

"You think he's Okay?" Tandie asked Kyle as he quickly got dressed. Kyle had just gotten a call on his cell phone from Desmond about one of his closest friends, James. All he knew is the he was shot 3 times and at least one bullet pierced his lungs

"I don't know Tan, I'm going to see now." He said. She nodded her head tears coming from her eyes. Kyle knew she thought of James as another big brother. He was always around with Des being just as over protective as he was. If anything happened to him her world would never be the same. "Don't leave this room. While I'm here grab anything you need from downstairs." He said she nodded. He had to make sure she was going to be safe. They had an idea but wasn't sure who would have done this and didn't want to put their girls in harms way. He saw Desmond's car parked outside. He ran out the house making sure to lock up without saying anything else to Tandie.

***

"This has to be the most fuck ass shit man!" Desmond said as he sat in the waiting room frustrated waiting for doctors to come and talk to them about James. His fiancée, Mel, was sitting next to Desmond, her eyes were blood shot red. She took in a deep breath, about to start her tears all over again.

"Mel, don't cry. He's strong he'll get through this, nothing is going to happen to this nigga, you'll see, he'll be home to take care of you and Junior." He said. She looked at him.

"I hope so, because he's my everything Des, he doesn't deserve this, and I cant take this shit no more!" she yelled crying as hard as she did when they'd first arrived. She quickly got up and ran to the restroom. Desmond sighed looking at Mel, made him think of Addisyn he looked over at Kyle who was talking to one of his workers and looking in their direction. They shook their heads. She was right. It's been four damn hours. Desmond thought. He sighed and buried his face in his hands. After about 10 more minutes the door open and he heard footsteps. He looked up thinking it was Mel but saw the doctor covered in blood standing in front of him.

"Are you here for James Greene?" He asked. Everyone stood up and nodded. Mel came out of the bathroom and rushed over when she saw the doctor.

"Ms. Cortez, his Fiancée, correct?" the doctor asked. She nodded.

"Okay well, Mr. Greene is going to be fine. All wounds but one went right through and we were able to stop the bleeding and patch that one up" The doctor said as everyone did a sigh of relief.

"Can I see him please?" Melanie asked. The doctor nodded.

"Yes he's wide awake, he'd like to speak to all of you actually. Please keep in mind that he just had surgery and he may have shortness of breath." The doctor said. They all nodded as they walked into James's room. Melanie saw him sitting on his bed. He looked Drained. Desmond couldn't believe he was in here. How could he let this happen?

"Baby!" she yelled running up to James hugging him.

"Easy, easy! I'm good baby. A couple of bullets can't hurt me." He said a little wheezy. She shook her head.

"James Jamal Greene I could kill you for putting me through this. What if you hadn't made it? Then what? What am I supposed to tell Junior." She said. Desmond listened to her words carefully. What if Addisyn was in this position that Melanie was. What if she had to endure the pain and suffering of if he were to live or die. It could've been a lot worse and she would've had to be strong for their kid, on her own. So many thoughts ran through his head. All he wanted to do was hold her and tell her everything would be alright, even though he was just telling her something he couldn't promise.

"You tell him his daddy was a trill as nigga." He said with a little chuckle in his voice. Melanie rolled her eyes.

"That isn't funny James. This isn't funny, you scared the living hell out of me. I thank god you're okay." She said. James looked at her.

"Baby I'm going to be fine, you not getting rid of me that easy. You ass probably would have found a way to kick my ass if I did." He said. She slapped his arm. Desmond smiled to himself. But the thought of James dying just couldn't leave his head. He'd been so cold most of his life the actual thought of losing someone he cared about had seemed like such a foreign thing? He would have lost on of his best friends, a brother. It could've been him instead. How would Addisyn react. He'd been so evil over the years. He sighed. He couldn't stand the thought putting his woman through the pain that Melanie went through. And he wasn't quite done with the streets. It was clear he had a choice His woman? or the streets?