[ CHAPTER ELEVEN ]

[ CHAPTER ELEVEN ]

' SWEET DREAMS '

It had been awfully silent since they had returned to their motel room, to the point where even Dean was finding it unbearable, filling the tense silence with corny jokes and sarcastic comments

Though to no avail, Lux had yet to say a word; it had been three very difficult days for all of them.

The first night staying in the motel room, Lux had locked herself in the bathroom. They had eventually bust the door down to find Lux sat in the bath, the water long past the warm temperature it had once been.

Lux had seemed unaffected from the icy water, her arms wrapped tightly around her legs, her head leaning against her knees as she stared at the mouldy wall tiles.

Without any hesitation, Dean had gently lifted Lux from the bathtub, wrapping a towel around her shoulder as she laid limply in his grasp.

She hadn't fought Dean as he gently towel dried her, before pulling a large t-shirt over her head, all while making sure the towel was covering her body before he removed it.

Tying back her wet, dripping locks with an elastic band, Dean eased Lux into one of the double beds, with Sam tucking the thick covers around her as Dean carefully untangled Lux's grip from around his neck.

It was evident that Lux was deteriorating before their eyes, the sarcastic, rather feisty blonde that they had met was a shell of her former self.

More than the average person, Dean and Sam could sympathize deeply with Lux. They knew more than anyone how it felt to lose family, to lose someone who was once cherished.

Their parents, Pastor Jim, Jo, Ellen, Ash, Charlie, Kevin- their own list of their lost ones was endless.

The second day at the motel was somehow even worse than the first. Lux hadn't moved from the cocoon of blankets Sam had tucked her in the night prior. She simply laid there, her gaze blank as she stared at the walls, fat tears endlessly streaming down her cheeks.