Cuts and Bruises

(Astrids POV)

I could tell that the Unknown Enemy was smiling, because of his eyes. Then it slowly started to fade. I frowned. Then an image of Stoick beating a small boy, about 10 or 11 years old with
aburn-colored hair, covered in bandages. Stoick was using the wooden handle of a broom stick to beat the boy. Then the boy's eyes opened, they were emerald green and filled with hope and love. They were in the empty room in the chef's house.

I then realized that the kid was the chef's son and that the empty room was actually his. Hiccup Horrindous Haddock III.

The slight image had vanished and I was now looking at the Unknown Enemy. His shoulders had sagged slightly, bearly noticable.

"Can you tell me more?" I said as kindly as I could, looking into his eyes, placing a hand on his left shoulder.

I could tell he smiled slightly, slightly nodded, and looked back into my eyes. They were almost hypnotizing.

*short time skip*

All afternoon he told me stories about Hiccup. All of them about his daily beatings, lectures from his father, and the snikie comments from the vilagers. Then he told me about his job as Gobber's apprentice. Then he said,

"You know Astrid, he made two special axes for the Hofferson family."

"Hiccup? He did?"

"Yep, he made the very axe you are holding and the other axe........well let's just say that's for another day, another time."

I looked down at my axe and turned it over in my hands. "He made my axe?"

He nodded.

I looked at the axe and then everything he told me went trough me, making my blood hot.

The Unknown Enemy must have read my expression because he took a slight step back, put his hand up to sooth the growling dragon, and said "Follow me."

I reluctantly followed him down the hall, to the other side of the main room, and then down another hall. The entire he didn't take his eyes off of me, which I don't blame him because I was getting angrier by ever passing second. We ended up in a room with targets hung on sections of the walls. There were other targets on tripods set up around the room.

The room was fairly big and almost perfectly round. Then he left me in the room, as if he knew I would need sometime to myself. I respect that.

I turned to a target and hurled my axe at it with a frustrated scream.
____________________________________________________________________

(Hiccups POV)

Astrid was in the practice room for an hour and a half. Eventually she came out. When I saw he come out, she was covered in sweat and...blood?

"Erm, Astrid why are you bleeding?" I asked casually.

She sighed. " I accidentally sliced my arm open" She said casually. "No biggie."

"No biggie?" I said almost annoyed. "Follow me."

Suprisingly, she did. I led her to the Healing room. I told her to lay down on the table in the middle of the room. I went to the desk filled with drawers of basically anything to do with healing.

The very first thing I did was get a rope.

"Astrid, can I please see your arm?"

"I told you, I'm fine." She was getting annoyed.

So was I,"Astrid, you are not fine! You are covered in blood! Now let me see your arm so I can heal it! Or I will leave you in this room to bleed out all over the floor!"

She looked at me with a surprised expression on her face then she slowly moved he hand away from the deep gash in her arm.

I tied the rope tightly above the cut, cutting off the circulation, allowing less blood to come out. Then I went and fished out my jar of Night Fury saliva.

"Not as bad as I thought." I said, taking a good look at it.

"Not as bad as you thought?!?" She exclaimed. "Do you know how bad this hurts!?!"

"Yes, I have enemies of my own and I have been in many battles. I've gotten cuts twice as deep as that." It was true, I really have.

She scoffed.

I poured the saliva over the wound.

"Eew! What is that stuff?" She exclaimed, holding her nose as if it smelled.

"I'll tell you when your scar is healed and by the way, it doesn't have a smell.
____________________________________________________________________

HEY GUYS THANKS FOR READING! HAVE A WONDERFUL REST OF THE WEEK!
                                                   -infinityshipper