Chapter 1: The Game

January 07, 2023
7:30 A.M.

"Let's play Magic and Sword Online"

"What level are you now?"

"You should play《MSO》"

"I will be the strongest player in MSO"

"The game was nice. Its worth it. "

Almost all students in Galla Futuristic School was talking about the new released game. I think everyone played it since first day of release. Wherever I went in every corner of our school, all i heard was about the game.

I saw a boy along the school hallway. He wave his right hand and wore a smile in his face. He held a thing in his left hand. It was Edison Suzue. He came nearer and started the talk.

"Gen, look at this game I bought earlier. You should play this. You'll love it. It is a VRMMORPG. " Edison said and he let me looked to the game he held in his left hand.

"Magic and Sword Online" I read the game title.

"Yeah!. It is the second day since《Magic and Sword Online》released. I recommend you this game."

Edison was same age as mine and my childhood friend. We played a lot of games but this is my first time if ever I play this VRMMORPG.

"There are thousand of players playing 《MSO》 right now. There are lots of features too. You can be what you want. Come and Join me " Edison said happily

"Hmmm. Let me think of it. " I doubtly said .

He really wanted me to play the game. He keeped on forcing me to buy it.

" Its available in GP Game Store. You'll better hurry. It will out of stock soon". He said.

I got interested to the game because of his endless insisting. I think about the thrill and excitement because it will be my first time to play a VRMMORPG.

"Alright, ill buy it later. Be sure that you'll teach me how to be strong. " I finally gave up for being so persistent of edison.

Edison played a lot of VRMMORPG. He was so strategic player. When a new game was released, he bought it immediately without delay.

" Yes!! I'll meet you in the starting town's fountain of regeneration inside the game at 8:00pm ." Edison said giddily.

"Alright ! " also I feel the excitement.

"See you" Edison said then he walked in opposite direction and he wave his right hand.

Its already 8:00 in the morning. School hours started. I directly went to my classroom and took 8 hours of class. Even in my classroom, my classmates were talking about the game. I was thinking, how good is this game.

Exactly 5:10 P.M, it took 10 minutes walk from the school to the game store. GP game store had plenty of games . It was the only game store that sell a thousand of games and gadget used in gaming. And it was the only game store that sell Magic and Sword Online game.

"Good afternoon sir. How can i help you? " the lady with blue shirt and smile in her face asked me. It might be the salelady.

"Hmm. Do you still have copies of magic and sword online? "

"Yes sir. " she got a copy of 《MSO》 from the shelf of games.

"Sir, you're lucky. We only have one copy left. Will you take it sir?" she said

Wahh! Really? Am i that lucky? I was so shocked. Imagine only one left on the second day sale of the game . And i was the one who got it. I can't believe it.

"Yes!" i responsed immediately.

"The game worth 10$ sir."

I'd never expect that the game cost 10$. It was like my whole week allowance was just spent for the game. But, no worries. I am the last luckiest person who bought that game.

"Okay" i gave her a 10$ money.

"Thank you sir. Do you already have a nerve gear sir?" The lady said while she gave me the game.

"Yes . I already have"

Mom bought me a nerve gear last December. But i didn't used it because we had a vacation in korea.

A Nerve Gear is a helmet type gaming console. It has its own internal battery and memory and automatically connects on the game when you boot. It uses signals directly for controls in brain and intercepts any sense intervention when diving. It allows Full dive gaming.

"Okay sir. Have a nice diving in the virtual world"  The lady said with her cute face.

I smiled and said thank you to the lady.

I immediately went to my home to try this game.

After 20 minutes of walking, i was able to reach home from the store early. It was supposed to be a 30 minutes walked. Maybe i was so excited to tried the game for the first

We were a total of 4 who lived in my house. My mom, who was a cook in a very well known restaurant in our country. My dad, who was a C.E.O of Future Technology Company. My younger sister, 6 years younger than me.

"Mom! Im home." I shouted but no one answered.

Maybe they went somewhere with my dad and my younger sister. I saw a note which was put on the table.

It said "Gen, we went to mall to buy some clothes for Mui. I prepared your favorite meal. Its in the fredge. We will be home at 8:00 P.M. .".

It was from my mom. Mui was so addicted to dresses. She had almost 100 clothes that made her closet full.

I ate the food which was cooked by my mom then I changed my clothes. I got the game from my bag and read the nerve gear manual. It said that set up the game first and wear the nerve gear. If you want to connect to the game, say the word Link Start. All your senses were blocked and your body won't able to move. You will lost your consciousness.

Since this was my first time, i was so excited. It was like i was always smiling . A wide smile that reached my both ears. But being a first timer, I can't help my ignorance.

And finally, i lie down to my bed and wore the nerve gear. It was already 7:55 P.M. when looked in the wall clock. I still remember how my meal tasted earlier. It was my favorite food. I can't resist the taste. I cleared my mind. And i still felt the excitement. I slowly closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

And said.....

Link Start!!!