Chapter Three

Genesis woke up about the same time she had yesterday. She got dressed and headed towards Talyse's workshop.

Talyse was already running around her shop.

"Genesis! Good morning!" She gave Genesis a tight squeeze. "So I had some fabric somewhere. That I was going to let you make something with."

"Let me guess, you lost it." Genesis sighed.

"I-..."Talyse tried to argue. "Yes, yes I did. I will find it though!" Genesis sighed again and started cleaning up the shop.

Under a pile of scrap, she found a large roll of deep red fabric.

"Is this it?" Genesis asked picking up the roll and resting it against a counter.

"Yes! Aw Genny, you're so sweet." She ran to give Genesis another hug. "Right, so my plan was to let you make something."

"I don't have a creative bone in my body." Genesis moaned.

"That's why I'm here to help!" She rolled the fabric out over a counter.

"What do you want to make?" Talyse asked.

"I don't know. I honestly don't need anything." Talyse laughed.

"No, you do."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing!" Talyse giggled. "Stop taking everything so offensively."

Talyse strolled across the room and grabbed a box from inside a cabinet. She set it next to the unrolled fabric.

"Can you think of anything?" Talyse questioned.

"Maybe a dress?"

"Perfect!" Talyse opened the box and pulled out some pins and a pair of slightly rusted scissors.

They both set to work; Talyse did most of the labor, while

Genesis directed her.

Genesis stood in front of a mirror at Talyses shop and admired her new dress. The sleeves reached her elbow, and the skirt fell just above her knees. It was simple, but still cute. The dark red colour complimented Genesis's dark hair and warm skin. It was such a change from her white dress, or even the yellow top she got from Ira.

After watching Talyse, Genesis decided she wanted to make something herself. It took her a while, and a few tries, but eventually she made a bow for her hair out of the same fabric.

By the time they were done, it was almost sun down.

Ryo greeted both of them in the doorway of Talyses shop. He looked nice in a dark grey button down shirt and the same black

pants that he always wore. His hair was smoothed down, as opposed to his usual every-which-way look.

"Ryo!" Talyse exclaimed. "How's Ira doing?"

"I wouldn't talk to her if I were you." He laughed.

"I wasn't planning on it." Ryo smiled at Genesis.

"I wasn't planning to either." Genesis laughed.

Talyse, Ryo, and Genesis headed to where the bonfire was yesterday. Approaching, Genesis could already here the upbeat music. A small band of people with various instruments sat to one side of the fire. They played folk songs while people sang the lyrics loudly and out of tune. Genesis looked over at Ryo, he was smiling widely, and Genesis guessed that this was his favorite day.

"Wait Ryo." Genesis tugged on his arm and pulled him back.

"What?" He looked at Genesis. She unclipped the bow from her hair, and clipped it to Ryo's button shirt.