John Laurens x Reader ~ I'll Bleed And Fight For You

Suggestion: Not suggested

Character: John Laurens x Reader

Au: None

Era: Late 1777

Prompt: I'll bleed and fight for you, I'll make this right for you, and we'll blow them all away

Trigger Warning: Kidnapping, starvation (if that's a trigger)

Terms Used: {Y/n - Your name} {L/N - Your last name} {POV - Point of view} {H/c - Your hair color} {E/c - Your eye color}

Editing Note: BArely edited. I honestly just looked through and fixed what had the red 'you spelled this wrong' lines under them, cuz I'm lazy af.

POV - Y/n L/n

~~~

I awaken with a loud thumping in my head.

Thump.

Thump.

Thump.

Where am I? The last thing I remember is walking home from the bar one night.

I try to stand up, but there's something holding me back. I look behind me.

Handcuffs.

Large pole.

I look at my surroundings.

Murky grey cell.

Bar windows on a wall.

And one pole in the middle.

The one I was tied to.

I look at the wall to my left.

A cell door.

One that I can't reach.

The wall to my right.

A large British flag on the wall.

The redcoats must have captured me.

What am I gonna do?

I hear a rumbling noise.

My stomach.

Food.

Will they feed me?

Probably not.

Man I'm hungry.

Don't think about food, Y/n. It will only make you hungrier.

Why would they take me? I'm only a-

A nurse. They want the soldiers of the American army to not be healed, so they would win the fight.

Way to play fair Britain.

Wait, are there rules in war?

Probably not.

British are very uncivil people (no offense to British people irl, this is in olden times, and look and You'll Be Back, and tell me King George isn't insane? Yeah, thought so.), they would never agree to rules.

All I was doing that night was walking home from the bar with my friends. We go there a lot, after work. Usually I am designated non-drunk, and I wasn't drunk. I had already dropped them off, at there houses and I was, of course, the last stop. I always walk home alone, I never thought this would happen. I don't even know how they caught me. I don't remember much. My friends were probably sleeping when it happened.

My friends.

Maybe they would come find me.

Maybe they would notice I didn't show up to work that day and would look for me.

How would they ever know I was kidnapped by the British though?

~~~

It's been a week. They let me off of the pole on the third day. I was sitting o=in the corner of the room. This has been my spot for the past week.

I was given a large bowl of water, some chicken fat, and a blanket to survive with. I'm scared that's all I'm going to get.

I miss my family.

I miss John and Theo.

I miss mom and dad.

I miss my friends.

Laf.

Herc.

Alex.

And most of all...

I miss John.

Nobody knows, except Laf, that I love John.

I miss him.

His warm smile.

His laugh that can light up the world.

His constellation of freckles.

Everything.

I let out a soft sigh.

How I wish I was at home right now.

Maybe soon.

~~~

It's been another week.

I was given another plate of chicken fat and tried to make it last, on Monday, or what I'm assuming was Monday. There's no way to tell time, in a closed off, underground, prison cell.

I was awoken to a loud scream and the slam of my cell door opening.

Was I leaving?

Did someone come to rescue me?

No.

Nobody has come to rescue me.

Now I have a roommate.

Yay.

Do you see my excitement?

(A/n- Was sarcasm a thing in 1777? Well too bad)

Wait a second.

I recognize that ponytail.

All I could see was the back of the man's head.

I tried my best to get a look at his face, without moving from my corner.

He spun in a circle, looking around the room.

The initial shock must still be kicking in.

When he looks my way in his circle, I see his face.

I know who he is.

"J-John?" I say shocked.

"Y/n! Thank God I found you! Oh my god, you look so skinny! Have you eaten?" He says.

"No, they only give me chicken fat every, what I'm assuming, Monday." I say.

"Oh my God." He says and sits down next to me.

"I missed you." I say.

"I missed you too." John says and wraps his arms around me in a warm embrace.

"Don't worry, we'll get outta here." John adds.

"Okay." I respond.

"I'll bleed and fight for you."

"I'll make it right for you.

"And we'll blow them all away"

"I love you."

"I love you too."

And then we kiss.

A/n - This was cute. I like how this turned out. This wasn't requested, but I wanted to do this. I think I'm doing Thomas Jefferson x Reader, where the reader is Hammy's sister. Oooo. That'll be fun! But yeah! Feel free to request on the request form chapter!

~Lo<3