Names

Henry, Martin and Clarissa all end up just coming to stay with us at the castle. Henry because he missed out on his son's life, and both Martin and Clarissa too because they felt they belonged here with us. They see that Frost really is kind underneath her spikey and sometimes unemotional outward appearance. She gives me permission to tell them of her mother and her laws, explain everything.

The evening we welcome them with a party of their own, Cisco whisperingly tells me that Frost's birthday is a few short weeks away, and that she shall be 18 and of age.

"You are the princess of our land." Clarissa states as she sits next to Frost, taking a break from dancing. I'm on her other side, and I look curiously at them both. "We've been under the impression that you have been dead for many a year, my dear."

"What do you mean?" It's Frost's turn to look confused now.

"Your mother, who left you here in this castle a long time ago, is the Queen, isn't she? She told everyone that her beautiful daughter, the princess, had passed suddenly and she could not bear to stay in her beloved home, the castle close to our small village." Clarissa told her, sympathy in her eyes. "She's gone ill, and won't last much longer now."

Her words began to sink in, Frost was the princess we'd been told we had lost so long ago. The sweet young princess who had loved making visits to our small town. "You're Princess Caitlin." I blink rapidly as I look at the beautiful girl next to me. Her brown hair already containing streaks of the white blonde once more.

"Yes." She nods.

"Why didn't you introduce yourself by name?" The question comes out.

"Frost is one of the many nicknames Cisco gave me after my powers manifested, and the one he used most. I suppose I became so used to being called that instead of my name."

fffffffffffff#8_