Chapter XIV

I can't keep up with your turning tables

Under your thumb I can't breathe

So, I won't let you close enough to hurt me

No, I won't rescue you to just desert me

I can't give you the heart you think you gave me

It's time to say goodbye to turning tables

-Adele

Mysterious A's Chapter Fourteen

- Aalea Harriss

Aalea and Amare have been dating for about three months now, and the rumors had already began. There were only two weeks left until graduation.

People were saying how Amare could do so much better and that Aalea had bullied him into being her friend/boyfriend, using her body as an advantage. When in reality, it was Amare who had chased her down almost every day for a whole week for a simple conversation.

Aalea felt like Amare was doing nothing to stop the people who were on the outside looking in from assuming. He enjoyed the jokes and laughed along when she wasn't around. Inside it hurt that his friends would say such things but at the same time, he had a reputation to keep up. He had a craving to be liked by everybody, and he wanted to be everybody's friend. But, he would soon learn not everybody was good for him and everybody did not have his best intentions at heart.

Aalea rolled her eyes as Jennifer, her worst enemy, walked into the Girl's Restroom. She was washing her hands before pulling her hair into a neat ponytail. Jennifer watched as Aalea dried her hands and pulled a hair band from her pocket.

"Some people just stay ugly forever huh? I feel bad for those who will never grow out of their childhood days." She picked while shrugging her shoulders before going to stand beside Aalea.

Aalea heard her, but she wasn't going to give her the satisfaction of pissing her off.

She looked into the mirror at Jennifer, who was very small. She was short and basically skinny with no ass whatsoever, but she had a gorgeous face. Some Halley Berry type shit, which is why most girls envied her, including Aalea.

"You know Jennifer, you are a really beautiful person, but, with the attitude you have -I'm afraid no one will want you." Aalea said before turning to look at Jennifer's shocked expression.

Jennifer's perfectly arched eyebrow shot upward. "I can't tell. Amare seems to enjoy me." She stated while smiling smugly at Aalea.

Just the thought of Jennifer and Amare made her cringe. Before Jennifer could even blink, Aalea had delivered a powerful punch to her face, knocking her to the ground.

"And you better stay down bitch. I bet your perfect face won't be so perfect anymore."

Jennifer was scared shitless, she just knew Aalea was going to hand her, her ass on a platter in a couple of minutes. But instead Aalea made her way out of the bathroom and to the Gymnasium, where Amare was getting ready for practice.

When she walked into the gym, she saw most of the players running laps, but she didn't see Amare. So, she went to the back where the Locker Rooms were located.

She heard soft moans and low grunts as soon as she stepped foot into the sweaty area. The odor was strong but she could take it. She followed the sounds and stood in front of the shower. She put her ear to the wood door, listening closely and that's when she heard "Amare, yes, deeper." being moaned by someone who was definitely not her. Tears welled in her eyes and they were way too heavy to hold. So, she let them fall, and boy did they pour down. She realized that instead of crying like a lil' bitch, she needed to take action and let her anger out. So she did.

Aalea snatched the door open revealing Amare and the unknown girl. The scene before her eyes caused her to black out. She took hold of the girl's long, black hair and threw her into the wall causing the child to yelp in pain and horror. She then turned to Amare who was in hysteria. He had no idea Aalea had such strength. He didn't think she could be so ruthless.

"Why? Why did you do this to me! I loved you, dammit!" Aalea screamed in frustration.

Amare felt a pang of guilt and agony in his heart. She doesn't love me anymore, he thought to himself.

"I know you hear me, you stupid fuck! I gave you everything! My virginity! My love! My secrets! I thought you said you wouldn't hurt me! And Now you got me standing here looking like a damn fool!" Aalea's hand came across his face in a swift motion, the impact of her hand on his face, echoing throughout the Locker Room.

Oooo

Damn!

Ya'll know that's gon' leave a mark!

Right, that nigga yella' as hell. Sho' is!

That's right Lea, kick his ass!

All of the commotion had attracted the rest of the Basketball team. Aalea and Amare were both soaked, the water had now turned cold. Aalea's hair and clothing was drenched in water.

"I hate you, and I never want to see you again! Don't call me, text me, don't do shit! Just stay the hell away from me!" Aalea shook her head in disappointment, her eyes still running like Niagara Falls. She turned and walked out of the Locker Room, and made her way to the school parking lot.

Good thing she drove her mother's truck today. She wouldn't have to worry about asking anyone for a ride. She definitely didn't want anyone to see her with how she was looking. She sped home where she began destroying anything Amare had bought her. She snatched pictures off of billboards and her walls. She ripped his shirts. She stabbed teddy bears from Valentine's. She was livid, filled with anger and self pity.

This will be the last time I get screwed over. Fuck the world, all I got is me!