Chapter XX

Mysterious A's Chapter Twenty

Aalea H.

"So you just gon keep ignoring me? Like forever?" Amare asked as we walked the halls of Lake View.

"Amare, that's kind of how the whole break up thing goes. We're exes, so we pretend like we never even knew each other, because we can't stand each other, stick to the script man," I chuckled sarcastically.

"Yo, this shit ain't funny. I need you."

"How's Skylar?"

"Stop trying to change the subject. Can we just talk?"

"I thought thats what we were doing."

Amare just doesn't get it. I thought I hurt his feelings enough the last time, but obviously Ima have to get me a restraining order.

"Ima get you back, one way or another."

"Yeah, see you later pumpkin."

**

Today was officially my last day of school, I passed all of my classes with high A's so I didn't have to take exams. Other seniors may have, but most of us don't.

It being Friday, everyone was kind of chill and laid back, saving all their energy for tonight's turn up situations. Tonight, I'm going out with Dee so when I get home, the couple of hours leading up to that, will consist of me, looking for a outfit. Marissa even offered to come and help me get ready.

When school let out, she and I rode together to my house. With her being pregnant and all, she's starting to pull away from a lot of the people she usually hang out with. This is because she knows that they are probably going to be the main ones speaking ill of her, when she comes out with the pregnancy.

"So guess who had the nerve to ask me to marry him?"

"Well thats not really a challenge, but for real? He was serious?" I asked, referring to Carmelo.

"Yes! He was all, 'I love you, you mean so much to me,' you know the regular, long ass shit leading up to the question. And so, then he asked me, and I was just like, nigga is you serious? Just because we gotta baby on the way don't mean we gotta be married. Either way, the baby was made out of wedlock and that's just that, ain't no need in us trynna sugar coat this. Aalea you just don't understand how tired of all this bullshit I am. I gotta deal with trynna hide this fat ass belly, Carmelo wanting me to tell my parents, me trynna figure out how Ima tell my parents, tryna figure out a way to go to college and be in my baby's life, this shit is fucking with me!" She shouted, tears pouring out of her eyes.

"Rissa, baby just pull over right here and park. You can't drive like this."

She pulled into a parking lot of some abandoned building, and parked, taking deep breaths.

"You gotta calm down Marissa. I know this is hard, and it's stressful, but you gotta be strong for your baby. And you gotta stop thinking about the negative. The longer you wait to tell your parents, the worse it'll be, so I think you should go ahead and tell them. You're like four months and pretty soon, you won't be able to hide it. If you want, Ill even go with you to tell them, or even better tell Melo, to come along with you. But you need to go ahead and let it out,because if you don't, it will break you." I spoke, rubbing circled into her back, as she sobbed onto the steering wheel.

Marissa nodded, sitting up, and wiping the tears from her eyes, "I'm sorry, I'm holding you up," she chuckled shaking her head.

"You are fine, if I have to miss this date, I will. Your situation is much more important."