Chapter VI

Mysterious A's Chapter Six

- Amare Jordan

After seeing the smile that spread across Aalea's face, Amare knew his answer. She would be the one accompanying him to prom.

Prom wouldn't be until May, but he had to make sure, he had his number girl ready to go. Aalea didn't seem like the type of girl who wanted to do elegant things like, shopping in New York for the 'perfect' prom dress, or even wanting to be Prom Queen with Amare as her King.

Amare was currently kicked back on his father's leather couch. He hadn't been home in a month. His mother called at least once a day only to receive his voicemail.

"Amare! Where you at man?" Andrew said stepping into his home.

"In the living room!" Amare replied before continuing to surf the television networks.

Andrew made his way into the den and sat with Amare. Amare didn't even look his way, so Andrew cut the TV off.

"Listen, your mama contacted me today."

Amare rolled his eyes and got up to make his exit.

"Get your ass back over here!" Andrew yelled in rage.

Amare had to do a double-take to make sure the man standing before him was indeed his father. Andrew had never gotten loud with him; he was always soft and apologetic. But, just like Skylar, Andrew was tired of the disrespect.

"Now, let me tell you something. Skylar loves you, she will die for you, she always puts you first! Now that she's finding happiness, you wanna go ruin it? You are an ungrateful, spoiled, little rich boy. I wish I could've been man enough to step up and take care of my responsibilities! But, it's too damn late! Let go of the anger and forgive! You do not have to forget, but at least forgive. I swear your heart will be a thousand times lighter. Give that man a chance, he may be some good. Skylar knows what she is doing; she wouldn't be engaged if she didn't think he was any good."

Amare was at lost for words. Simply because, what his father was saying, was the truth.

His eyes were becoming heavy, all of this was hitting him like a ton of bricks. He took a deep breath and looked into the eyes of his father.

"I forgive you." Those were the last three words before Amare went tumbling to the ground.

* * *

-Aalea Harriss

"Mom! Guess what!" Aalea screeched running to the door.

Her mother, Lynn, had just come in from work.

"What little girl?" She asked smiling at Aalea, her only family.

"Last night, Amare asked me to Prom and I said yes!" She was so excited, she felt as though she could piss rainbows.

Her mother's eyes widened in shock. She couldn't believe her ears.

God, I know you ain't up there cracking jokes, she thought to herself.

"Mama! Say something!" Aalea pleaded.

"That's great baby! I'm glad you're stepping out og your shell! Ooo, we have so much to do!" She cooed.

Her mother was probably a little more ecstatic that she was.

Aalea was her only child, she didn't mind going all out for her baby girl. Plus, Aalea deserved it. She had not asked for much growing up, she always stayed to herself. She was always on the Honor Roll and this was her last year home, why not spoil her with goodies?

Aalea decided that she wanted to go out for awhile. Not alone of course. So, she called up Nataliya. They decided to meet at the local mall for a little shopping and lunch at the Food Court.

"Wassup Mama, I feel like I ain't seen you in forever." Nataliya said.

"Well, that's what happens when you get caught up in the crowd I guess."

Nataliya rolled her eyes and led the way to the Food Court. Once they had their food, they sat at a booth near a window.

"I heard about you and Amare. Ya'll fucking or what?"

Aalea looked at her as if she had miraculously grown two heads. How could her 'friend' think so low of her?

"What?" Nataliya asked in confusion. "I mean you got to be giving up some type of ass for him to be kickin' it with you. You ain't really important round' here."

"Bitch whet?" Aalea was so pissed, she was now mispronouncing words. Her "what" came out as "whet" and she was boiling. She could spit fire.

"Just because you out here flinging ya' pussy for a instagram picture don't mean err body else it. I don't have to show of my body to be noticed, unlike you!" Aalea stood to leave before she slapped the piss out of Nataliya.

"My mama always told me a confident girl shows off her naked face and not her naked body. I am now confident and I will not allow your loose pussy ass to degrade me. Fuck you and stay the fuck away from me."

After cursing out Nataliya, Aalea felt as if her shoulders had been relieved of 1000 pound weights. She was tired of everyone knocking her down. It was time to put on her big girl drawers and give them a piece of her mind. When she received the phone call, her mood was crushed. The phone call that she knew, could possibly be changing her life forever.

Comment and Vote, Skylar(Amare's Mom) and Damien(Skylar's Fiance) In MM - Gabrielle Union, and Dwyane Wade