13 → Exams: Day One

Tuesday, the first day of the examinations. For today, all we have to do is use our abilities in different situations. A couple of chosen teachers and a higher-up will be the one to grade us, but unlike the previous years that we were doing this individually, this time we get a partner to combine our wits together. Whatever score that the judges will give to our performance will be our individual grades for that exam, as well.

The exams will start after lunch and the list of partners were not yet announced, so the suspense was a lot higher than expected. They must have changed the system of the exams to challenge the students in doing better, rather than procrastinating and not being able to graduate due to the reason that students tend to slack off days before the examination.

I went to the garden to list down my classmates' abilities for me to analyze thoroughly. I've seen all of their abilities -- maybe except Naomi -- and capabilities first hand, so I guess it wouldn't be that hard to remember. Although one thing for sure is that most of my classmates have offensive abilities than defensive and utility stats.

Words Cut Deeper than Knives can be used as an offensive type and a utility type. It would be easy if I was paired with another offensive type like Akutagawa or Atsushi since I could immediately go backline and choose to be in utility mode. However, if I get paired with another utility type like Tanizaki (Junichirou), I am obliged to switch back to offense.

With would be difficult since the offense type of my ability is not my forte at all.

Either way, I decided to list all possible situations that the judges may give us, and all the possible things I can do with my possible partner. It is still 08:30 in the morning, teachers wouldn't be teaching anymore so I spent my time preparing for the exams.

I am more than willing to finally graduate off this school, be a free woman, become an aspiring graphic designer and all that freedom that I've been yearning for.

No more homework.

No more exams to study for.

No more orders to take from Akutagawa -- the contract ends when he graduates. Since we are both candidates for graduation -- if we ever pass the exams -- the contract will be over and we will live our lives on our own desired paths.

Although the sad part is, I wouldn't be able to remember anything about him at all. That was the contract. Aside from being his servant and to follow all orders from him in return for learning how to take control over my ability, once it is all over, all traces of my memory about him being my master will automatically vanish away from my mind.

Sure, I wouldn't have to carry a burden of being used by a person for his own personal gain; I would be living the same life just without those memories with Akutagawa. But it was rather sad that it was because of him that made me who I am right now -- the man who has pushed me to my limits and made me numb from all the pain in life. Although his name will be the only thing to stay, other than that, everything will be erased off my mind.

I will be forgetting all those memories with him; all those painful moments that we've been through.

And most of all, I will be forgetting the fact that I used his sister as a rebound to hide it all...

"Which Akutagawa do you prefer, Gin or Ryuunosuke?" Dazai said in a joking manner.

I deeply sighed, the answer struggled to escape my lips.

"...Ryuunosuke."

...all those feelings I shall kiss goodbye by Friday evening.

--

It was one in the afternoon and two classes were in the training room right now, Class 4-A -- my class, and Class 4-C -- Gin's class. Mori was the higher-up that was going to grade us along with three teachers, which were Chuuya, Yosano, and Ranpo. What luck! Ranpo was one of those of teachers that still give you a low grade even though you've already given the best of your efforts.