08 → Triggered

Speed dial is such a convenient tool. It lets me press just a single button and I could immediately call whoever the hell I want. But of course, I've only put about two people in speed dial; one assigned to number three and one assigned to number five.

I pressed five and hit the call button. The first ring was done and I already heard the feminine voice of my assistant.

"Good evening, master~" Ira spoke from the other line seductively, which made me feel quite uncomfortable. I am too used with the panicking type of Ira whenever I call her.

Oh shit. THE CHOCOLATES.

"Did you eat the chocolates already?!" I yelled through the phone, even though deep inside I am panicking.

"I made those chocolates so that you'd say yes... Why is it not taking effect on you?"

There was a long silence between us, followed by a burst of hysteria. Ira was laughing for about two minutes straight, making me keep quiet as I wait for her to calm down.

"I was just joking around, master," Ira finally stopped laughing, although I could still hear her giggling like a little kid. "Anyway, Dazai told me to throw it away, so I fed it to a stray cat I saw outside my window."

That relieved me for a bit, knowing that I wouldn't have to deal with an obsessive Ira tomorrow afternoon. They must have figured out that the chocolate must have been enchanted, probably because of Dazai or the scent was different when she opened the box.

"So, how was that meet-up of yours?" Ira continued to hang on to the conversation.

"Don't mind it. I turned it to a beautiful mess," I joked, which earned me another giggle from her. "Higuchi just made the Friday confession method, in which she expected me to say yes because she thought I ate the thing she gave."

"Wha-"

It was again quiet for some time. Ira trailed off from what she was about to say, then I heard her take a deep breath from the other line. However, she hasn't continued to say what she was about to say.

"Ira?" I called out.

"Who? Who was the one that gave you the chocs and called for a Friday confession?"

"Higuchi Ichiyou, my assistant before you."

Ira sighed, a tone of dismay dominant from her voice. I heard a rough rustling sound from the other line, making me pull my phone away from my ear for a while.

"Sorry, master. I'll tell you everything tomorrow. Good night."

Ira ended the call, hanging up on me for the very first time. Not like I mind since I didn't call to give an order, but it was not something that would usually happen. Most likely, it would be me to end the call first.

So many weird things happening in just one day.

After a short while, my phone vibrated, indicating a message. Oh great, it must be Higuchi again, I thought. I went to get a quick look on the name, but the name wasn't written as [unknown].

[Mitsuya Ira]
1 new message!

I flipped my phone open, immediately opening the message that says:

They told me,
"Akutagawa only belongs to Higuchi, and no one else."

Assuming from that statement, I reckon that it must have something to do with what happened to her last week. The whole kidnapping thing must have been Higuchi's plan to eliminate Ira, so that nobody would get in her way when she confesses.