04 → Raid

That voice sounds rather familiar than unknown, and judging from the gunfire, I already knew who it was.

"Did you just try to shoot me?" I said in an annoyed tone, still not bothering to look at the person who may be responsible for all of this mess.

Tachihara had burst an obnoxious laugh before replying, "Well, I wouldn't have if I knew it was you, Akutagawa."

"What's the deal here?" I asked. Tachihara is a student from the same school that we attend to, and as far as I know, he is one of Gin's classmates. Having the rule at school that we cannot randomly pick a fight on a student unless given a logical reason, they must have something against Ira.

"Sorry, we can't tell," Tachihara walked toward me, reaching out his hand. "It's all an order, now please hand me Mitsuya."

I gave out a sly smile, but immediately got interrupted by my cough. "Damn, I miss having a real fight."

I placed Ira down next to a tree, making her unconscious self lean on the trunk. As soon as I was done, I engaged a direct attack at Tachihara right away. Him being one of my 'allies', he knew my tactics like he had made research beforehand.

Tachihara must have known by now that he has nothing against me, since he only brought several guns as defense. Surely, it would be effective on his victim, but not on me. So now I have to deal with a target that keeps on running away like a little kid playing tag. How irksome.

"We are aware about the school rules, just so you know," Tachihara said, still being able to dodge some, but not all. "Therefore you must have gotten the idea already, no?"

"I am not dumb," I coughed again, cornering Tachihara on a wall of trees. "But what is it that made you interested to pick on such a wimp?"

"Well..." He put his finger below his lip like he was actually using his brain to think of an excuse. I kept him cornered and tried to squeeze information out of him, but I swear, this guy is just toying with me right now.

"Well?"

I heard the clink of a grenade behind me, and so I tried to get some height but Tachihara pulled me back down to the ground. I saw several lemon-shaped grenades on the ground, and that's when I knew that he wasn't alone in the execution.

The grenade has exploded, filling the empty spaces of the forest with gray clouds of smoke. My cough started to get more chronic, but soon dissipated as the smoke cleared out. I managed to push Tachihara to the mess, therefore damaging him more than me.

"Ah, this order sucks," I heard another voice; definitely not Tachihara. "Michizou, why did we even take this order? I was not informed that Akutagawa would be the knight in shining armor!"

"S-Shut up, Motojirou," Tachihara replied choppily, trying to recover from the damage he had taken. "I didn't know either; I expected Dazai or someone else."

"Fools." I spoke up, feeling annoyed from the fact that my own 'comrades' had looked down on me ever since the contract. "I would've have killed her long ago if I wished, no need of your assistance."

The two looked at each other in confusion, but burst out into laughter a moment after. The vile sounds of their unknown reason for happiness was echoing around the area. I don't recall saying something funny from my last sentence, but I took the chance to slide an attack beneath their feet.

I was able to take Motojirou out of his standing balance, yet he was able to throw another set of lemon bombs to the air aimed to land toward my direction. I was not able to react fast enough, so I wasn't able to defend myself using my ability.