10 → Feelings?

• Mitsuya Ira •

I was pretending to be dead.

Truth is, I am just tired of Higuchi always trying to behead the crap out of me. I already sensed her presence a while ago, and then I saw her while I was on my way to the restroom. The moment that I opened the cubicle door was the same time that Higuchi quickly shot me in the head.

Unfortunately, my ability had activated on its own after that I've filled my hunger. Even with my energy regaining back my powers, I don't think it would last me long. If I take any more heavy damage, I'd be done for good.

"This fight is only between me and my future." I heard Higuchi said.

I tried to hold my laughter, not wanting to exert more energy nor to reveal that I am only pretending to be dead. Gin was also holding me by the back of my shirt, which was a moment that I want to savor.

But no, I couldn't contain myself. Higuchi's statement was so hilarious that I couldn't see her purpose for doing all this.

"'You and your future'?" I repeated in a sarcastic way, still laughing like a maniac. "The only future I see in you is your future being locked behind bars."

Higuchi's eyes widen in shock. "H-How are you still alive after all that damage you've taken?!"

"Goodness gracious," I stopped laughing, but keeping the sarcasm. "I've been dead long ago, Higuchi. Physically, emotionally, and mentally."

The blonde-haired girl reverted her aim, pointing the end of her gun directly to my head. I can feel how heavy her grip was, and how she tries to pin it in my head like a thumbtack. I would like to stand up at this rate, but trying to move might result her to pull the trigger.

Akutagawa unleashed his Rashoumon, grabbing Higuchi from Gin's grip. He went to exit the restaurant and continued to settle things there. His extra arms from the ability slammed her to the concrete ground multiple times, earning ear-breaking screeches from Higuchi.

"Your motives are too unclear, Higuchi," Akutagawa approached the severely-damaged Higuchi, looking down at her with a stoic face. "Killing Ira wouldn't be your access in trying to get my attention back."

"D-Don't tell me you two are already in a secret relationship?" Higuchi muttered, coughing out blood and rolling over the rough, gray surface of asphalt.

Akutagawa said nothing in response, which Higuchi went to assume that the answer was yes. She aimlessly fired a shot in attempt to shoot me, but Gin swiftly moved away, dragging me along with her.

I took this opportunity to get back up, still not entirely straight but just enough for my legs to support the weight of my upper body. The white pants that I wore for this dinner was covered in red stains along with my white and black polka-dotted top.

"Hear me out, Higuchi," I spoke with much confidence. "When trying to get your senpai's attention, never expect him to feel the same way about you."

"What do you know about this, man thief?" Higuchi reacted violently, treating me as if I knew nothing about the situation.

I ignored the side comment and proceeded in what I was saying. "Stop drowning in your fantasies and accept the fact that Akutagawa rejected you."

"And I should listen to you because...?"

"Because in this world we live in, our love and efforts for the people we care for will always go to waste, no matter how much you deny it."

Higuchi was triggered from my remark, aiming another shot at me but only for me to side step it; easy as pie. I appeared next to her weakened body, kicking her gun towards Akutagawa and having it further from Higuchi's reach.