We were standing there silent for a while. She was still playing with my hand and my hand on her waist slowly slid up her back. We held an intense eye contact for a while and I couldn't stop gazing to her lips. I wanted to kiss her right then but figure I would have my chance next week and I didn't want to take the chance of ruining our first kiss when I really had to get to work.

"I've got to go beautiful." I stood up from the desk.

She sighed as I took my hand off her hip and she reluctantly released my hand. "Can't wait," she whispered as I walked out of the office first.

Why do the women in my life want to torture me. Speaking of torture my phone buzzed and I knew it was going to be Lauren.

LJ: "Rhodes, I swear to God if you don't answer me I'm posting every embarrassing picture of you from high school online. You know I have the pictures and you know I'll do it."

Fuck. I looks like avoiding her was no longer possible. I had no doubt she would absolutely do it if I didn't answer her so I did right away.

"Don't be insane. I'm here relax."

LJ: "Where the fuck have you been? Did you get laid? Did you get fired for getting laid?"

I shook my head as I reached the desk and I was right John was there and was already scowling. "Hey John."

"Rhodes," was all he said.

I had to answer Lauren's text before she thought I bailed again before addressing John's childish bullshit.

"No to both. I'll msg in a few when I have a second. DO NOT post anything."

I went into the office to check for my paperwork and then came back out to the desk with John. I couldn't avoid him forever. We worked together too often. "So what's your problem?"

He looked up at me shocked. Shocked at the question or that I was talking to him I don't know. "What are you talking about?"

I sighed, "Oh come on you've been irritated for days. More than usual." I said the last part under my breath.

He rolled his eyes. "I don't know what you're talking about," was all he said before going back to his paperwork.

He ended the conversation so I guess I'll just get my paperwork done. "Do you know what you're problem is..." or not. "What's that?" I asked trying not to get angry before he even started.

"You think that every women wants you. You think that all women are gay. You think that you can just can just come in and turn straight girls gay for you."

Oh wow. This guy has some issues. I don't think any of those things, although I have been known to be involved with a few straight girls in my day but I didn't go after them thinking I could 'turn' them. But it wasn't what he was saying but how he was saying it, it seemed very personal and it couldn't be because of Megan. She didn't give him the time of day.

I sighed and turned my chair to face him. "Ok did I do something to piss you off. Did I talk to the girl you like or something. Cause I know this isn't about Megan. It can't be."

I could tell he was really pissed off. His hands were gripped into tight fists and I was hoping he got his temper under control because I really didn't want to have to deal with a fight. Especially not when we were in the open and inmates could hear us if we started yelling.

He huffed. "Don't pretend like you don't know what happened. You think you can turn her. She isn't gay. I had a chance but now all she can talk about is you."

"Ok who the fuck are you talking about?" I couldn't think of anyone that he had been seen talking too or that people had said he was talking too in a while.

He gritted his teeth like he was thinking about exploding but then calmed himself enough to answer without raising his voice, "Jess."

Oh shit. This just got fun. Did he really think he had a chance with her? I didn't even know they talked let alone there was a chance they would date. I did find it pretty amusing that she was talking about me though.

"Look I don't know what you think is going on but Jess and I are just friends."

He was rolling his eyes again, "Whatever you say, I see the way you are together. She's straight why don't you leave her alone."

I definitely needed to talk to Jess about this but in the meantime I would just let him stew over this so I got up, "I'm going to do rounds. John I'm sorry if things didn't work out with Jess but that has nothing to do with me. We are just friends."

I know he didn't buy it but there was nothing I could say to prove it to him, even if it was kind of a lie. But I wasn't lying about not having anything to do with them not working out. Like I said I really didn't have any idea that they were talking. I made my way around downstairs and then headed up the stairs. I now had to prepare myself to see Megan and hope that I was able to handle whatever she was going to throw at me today.

Per usual I found her in the library, but this time I decided I was going to go talk to her. "You really do like it in here don't you?"

She looked up from her book with her signature smirk, "What can I say knowledge is one of the many things I thirst for."

If I had been drinking something I could have choked on it I'm sure and she could see it on my face. I did my best to keep composure, which was getting more difficult around her everyday, and walked around the table to sit down. "You aren't going to make this easy on me are you?"

She shrugged, "Are you complaining."

That was a really good question. I couldn't say that I was because I wasn't really, but there was a small part of me that was trying to do the responsible thing and it probably wasn't best that I urged her to continue. "That's what I thought," she responded when I didn't answer right away.

I shook my head not really knowing what to do. "Could you do me a favour?" she asked.

"What's up?" I was happy to have the subject changed. "Two rows over I left a few books on the floor over there could you grab them for me."

I knew I shouldn't do this, I knew that she was going to follow me but against my better judgement I got up and went anyway. The moment I rounded the corner she had me pressed up against the shelf. "Megan." This seemed to be a recurring theme with us. I give her a warning glance and she ignores it. "Officer Rhodes."

I decided I needed to do something, her hands were on my hips and her body was inches from me. This definitely wasn't going to be the smartest thing I ever did but before I had the chance to stop myself I had grabbed onto her and spun her around changing our positions.

"Is this what you want?" I said my lips pressed up against her ear as I felt her body tense. My hands slid up her back under her tank and I could feel the goosebumps on her body. "You're going to get me in trouble," my lips ghosted her neck.

Her breath quickened I could her heart beating a little faster but she was still in control, "I told you I always go after what I want and I usually get it."

She was gloating. In a short period of time she had broken down my ability to think rationally and I had played completely into her hand. I needed to regain some control of myself and the situation but in the moment it seemed hopeless. My hands were still up the back of her shirt and I slid my leg between hers and applied some pressure causing her to moan slightly, "Shhh or I'll stop," I whispered as my lips lightly moved along her jawline coming closer to her mouth. She had her hands on my hips and she tried to pull me closer causing my leg to press harder against her. She rocked her body towards me and she was starting to lose some of that control she always seemed to have. She was breathing a lot heavier and her eyes were closed probably trying to concentrate to stop herself from making any noise.

I had to put this to end and I had to do it quickly but being close to her was intoxicating. My lips officially ghosted over hers and she stilled for a moment. I pulled my nails down her back and she gasped. "Fuck," she whispered.

I leaned back into her my lips back along her ear and let go of a breathy moan of my own knowing it was going to make what I was about to do next even harder for her. "I told you to keep quiet," I whispered and left her standing there in shock. I'm in so much trouble.

I took out my phone and sent a text to Lauren, just two words. "DRINKS TONIGHT!"