Chapter 10 - Home

Começar do início

Key walked out of his bathroom and walked over to the kitchen. He made a quick bowl of cereal to eat. When he was finished, He grabbed his coat and put on his shoes; ready to head for work.

As he opened his door he was surprised to see a body on the floor, leaning against the wall beside his door. Key bent down and realised it was no other than

...Jessica

 He brushed away her bangs out of her face and lifted her up bridal style back into his condo. He placed her gently on his couch. He then knelt down beside the couch and placed his coat around her. His heart was beating rapidly once he saw her. He was happy to see her.

“Sica.” He lightly tapped her shoulder. No respond came from her, instead her light snores. “Jessica ah.” He called once again. Slowly, Jessica shifted around on the couch, she then opened her eyes tiredly. “Oppa!” She exclaimed happily once she saw Key. She then gave him a hug.

They broke the brief hug, Key then felt confused. “I thought you went back to your mansion.” He questioned with his brows arched. Jessica nodded with a small pout. “Why? You wanted me to go back?”

Key then shook his head, a bit too quickly. “The boys all felt so upset when you left.” Key commented. Jessica made a slight nod. “Just the boys.” She mumbled. Before Key could speak again, Jessica spoke first. “After 5 minutes in the limousine while going back, I felt like it wasn’t right going back. I thought about the restaurant and you boys.” She started.  Key listened carefully. “I told the chauffer to stop the limousine then told my Appa that I wanted to stay. Took me almost 10 minutes to convince him but at the end he let me go. Once I saw him nod, I got out of the limousine quickly and ran back to the apartment.” She continued on. “I didn’t want to wake you up so I waited outside your condo. Unknowingly I fell asleep.” She smiled, embarrassed that she had fell asleep outside his door.

Key chuckled softly as he ruffled her hair. “Babo, You should have rung the doorbell. You could have caught the cold.” He pulled her in his arms for a hug. “Jjong was about to cry when you left.” Key joked once they broke the hug. Jessica chuckled at the thought. “I was about to cry too when I was getting on the limousine.” Jessica admitted. “But I’m glad I came back.” She added with a smile. Key nodded happily. “I don’t need to go back home because I’m already home.” She added truthfully. Key watched in awe. The younger girl was slowly attracting him.

“Well oppa, I’m going to get ready for work now. I might be late, but you should go now or you‘ll be late too. ”  Jessica pointed at her watched. Key shook his head as he patted her shoulder. “You’re not going to work today. You had an awful night, you need more rest.” He said, worried about her health. “Most importantly, you need a shower.” He pinched his nose jokingly. Jessica pouted as she slapped his arm. Key then suddenly winced in pain as he held onto his arm. Jessica knitted her eyebrows together. She then rolled up his sleeve and saw a red mark above his elbow. “What happened?” She gasped, looking into Key’s eyes. Key shook his head, feeling embarrassed. “When we were fighting that guy, he pushed me to the floor and I hit the chair before falling down.” He replied quietly. Jessica bit her lower lip, it was all her fault.

“Are you okay? Do you want to go to the doctors?” She asked with much concern. Key shook his head with a smile, assuring her. “I’m okay. Really.” He assured her. Jessica let out a small sigh as she lower her head. “I’m really sorry.” She apologised sincerely. Key patted her head gently as he lifted her chin up. “Babo, I’m fine.”

Jessica then shook her head. “You’re not going to work. You’ve injured your arm.” She pointed out. Key raised a  brow. “We can’t both not go to work though.” He reasoned. “I’m sure the restaurant will be fine without us for one day.” Jessica spoke. Key then made a slight nod. “I’ll call in then.” He reached out for his phone. Jessica nodded with a smile. “Well, I’m going to surprise Jonghyun oppa now.” Jessica jumped up from the couch. Key chuckled softly, while nodded. While he was talking on the phone, Jessica had left his condo to see Jonghyun.

“Sicaaaaaaa!” Even inside Key’s condo, You could hear Jonghyun’s exclaim. Key laughed to himself. He was finished with his phone call and had decided to go over to Jonghyun’s place. “Hey.” Key greeted Jonghyun once he entered his condo. Jonghyun’s was smiling from ear to ear. “Let’s go find Minho and tell him.” Jonghyun suggested happily. Jessica arched a brow. “But oppa, Aren’t you going to work now?” Jonghyun then remembered that he still had to go back to the middle school, he then let out a disappointing sigh. “Oppa, I’ll wait for you here, when you get back we’ll all go out for dinner. Okay?” Jessica tried to make him happy. Jonghyun nodded his head with a smile. “Well, I’m heading out now. I’ll see you two soon!” He chirped. Key and Jessica nodded, The three then exit Jonghyun’s condo. Jessica waved at him until the elevator door closed completely. Key then led Jessica back into his condo. “Let’s go find Minho oppa.” Jessica smiled. Key shook his head a little with a smile. “He’s coming over now.”

Jessica grinned happily. Even though it was not even a full day of her absents, She missed the boys dearly and they missed her too. “I still can’t believe you came back though.” Key suddenly said while sitting down on the couch. Jessica chuckled softly as she nodded her head a little. “I guess I just… think of here as home now.” She spoke honestly. Key nodded. “But Jessica ah.. What will happen when you really leave?”  Key asked as he turned to Jessica’s side. He was staring back into her almond eyes. Jessica gently bit her lower lip as she shrugged. “We can still keep in touch, right?” Jessica asked with a hopeful heart.  Key let out a long sigh. “I don’t know, Sica. I mean, you’re a princess. We’re just.. Normal people. I don’t think your father will let you be friends with us.” He said truthfully. Jessica also sighed. “The day  when I really leave, I’ll be really upset.” She was sulking about it already. Key patted her shoulder gently. “We’ll miss you.” He spoke. “Let’s just hope nothing happens, So when I leave no one will get more hurt.” She said, almost mumbling to herself. However, Key heard her. “What do you mean? Like what will happen?” He asked, confused. Jessica smiled at him, throwing away the sad mood. She then poked his forehead lightly and said cheekily.

“Like falling in love with you.”