Chapter 1 - Going Out

Two years ago..

             "Hello love," he smiled as pressed his lips to my forehead. I closed my eyes as I took in the pleasure, how he can affect me with such a simple touch I'll never know.

              "Hi," I took a step back into my house to get a better look at him.

               His emerald green eyes shone with happiness as he looked at me, I still can't believe that he chose me. He chose me out of anyone else; he could be dating a supermodel if he could. I wasn't one; yet, he would say if that thought was said aloud. Any supermodel would make a perfect match with him. With his honey blonde hair that shone in the sunlight, velvety soft lips that feels so great against mine, and his tall, strong body. He didn't have a six-pack, or any pack, but he had a slightly muscled body that fit so well against mine. He was perfect.

                "You look nice," he blurted out. I blushed, but I quickly tried brush off the fact that two pink spots blossomed on my cheeks.

                 "You look-okay." I smirked at him.

                  He rolled his eyes and gestured down towards his body, "Honey, all of THIS deserves a better comment than 'okay'." He gestured towards his body.

                    I laughed, "You're stupid."

                  "You're beautiful." He smiled.

                    I smiled back at him, and laughed, "You totally stole that off of Caleb in Pretty Little Liars!"

                   Noah simply shrugged, "What? He's pretty romantic."

                   "Should I be worrying about some new competition?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

                    He laughed, "There's only you."

                    My smile grew wider as I shook my head; I closed the door from behind me, yelling a bye to my parents, who were surprisingly home, and my siblings.

                    Noah's hand soon found mine, intertwining them together. We walked down my driveway, heading towards his car. It was an old Mustang that he built together with his father, when he was around. Noah was proud of it, and refused to get any other car. Even after the incident with his father, he still kept it.

                    "It's nice to hold on to memories of what once was."

                     I smiled as I slid into his car, I loved his car. I love how he helped built this back up to working order with his dad. It was what I called homey.

                     "So, where are we off to?" I asked. Although I really couldn't care less; anywhere with Noah was completely fine with me.

                      "We," he replied as he started the engine, the car roared to life, which placed a satisfying smile on his face, "are going to your favorite place in the whole wide world."

                      I gaped at him, "We're going to the beach?!"

                      He smirked, "The one and only."

                      "Noah, that's amazing. It really is, but that's too far! It's like two hours away and I didn't bring a swimsuit."

                       "Who said we were wearing swimsuits?"

                        I raised an eyebrow at him as he pulled out of the driveway, "Excuse me?"

                       He turned towards me and wiggled his eyebrows suggestively; I laughed and smacked him upside the head.

                       "I'm kidding, i'm kidding! Don't hit the driver!"

                       "Like it would make any difference," I retorted.

                        Noah smiled and grabbed my hand as I was pulling it back, and our fingers intertwined. His rough, warm hands in my small, tiny ones; but I wouldn't want it any other way.

                        "You are such a guy." I smiled at him. Why is it I can't stop smiling? It was like a disease I caught whenever I am around Noah. Smiles and laughter was always considered contagious when I was around him. The amount of smiles and laughs I had admitted was enough to make me have an ulcer in my stomach.

                         "That's what I am," he grinned, "if I was any other gender...would you still love me? Would you turn les for me?!"

                           I quirked an eyebrow as he seemed purely interested in my answer, "Are you serious?"

                            He threw his head back and laughed, not even the slightest bit worry about the car as he drove with ease. I laughed with him too, past the fact of his reckless driving. He never got in a car accident since that day, but that seemed like years ago.

                             After our laughing session, we had settled into a comfortable silence. Somewhere in between, he turned on the radio. Ironically, Katy Perry's, I Kissed A Girl happened to be on, even though it was an old song. We whipped our heads to each other, and burst into another laughing fit.

                               Thirty minutes later, we were still laughing our heads off, the conversation taking a weird turn. I couldn't stop smiling as we went back and forth with our banter, laughing fits in between that wouldn't stop.

                                 Even though everything seemed perfect at the moment, I couldn't help but notice something missing. Tt was as if Noah had something on his mind, something that wasn't helping his mood. His eyes didn't have the spark it usually did, giving it a sad look. The smile on his face not reaching into those eyes I fell in love with.

                                  I brushed it off though; he was probably tired, or missed his little sister.

                                   It probably was nothing at all. Besides, Noah's acting like himself; I'm probably over-thinking it, right?

---------------------------------------

Sorry for not posting, I intended The Reason Why to only be one page long, since people actually like it, I'll post more. It'll still be a short story. Again, sorry, and next upload coming soon(: Picture on the right is pretty self-explanatory, the cute couple driving to the beach. Although, that isn't how they exactly look, feel free to imagine them any way(: Btw, the boy is supposed to be driving and the car isn't that fancy...aha.

Hope you enjoyed!

© megzxlaughs

All Rights Reserved.