Chapter Twenty

I’m guessing it’s probably been an hour since we were on the road. It looks like a wasteland. I can’t believe the war between my people and the werewolves caused this. Everyone was probably feeling the same way as me because their faces showed it all. The ones that surprised me the most was Micah’s and Eden’s. I guess they didn’t know how bad things were either.

“And to think you mutts were planning on ambushing the academy. You guys could’ve brought the war to the human world. Then everything would be hell.” Ray said with conviction.

“You say it like it’s not going to happen. If we don’t stop them, they will ambush the academy and it will be hell on earth. And you have no right to call us mutts when you’re the epitome of trash.” Micah said with clenched teeth.

They started to move closer. Great! They’re going to start fighting. Here, of all places.

“Guys stop!” They spun around and faced me.

“But he-” I cut them both off.

“I don’t care. Just enough of the fighting please! I’m starting to get a permanent headache.” I begged.

“Yeah, don’t you guys see what fighting between our kind do. Look around.” Liza pointed to the charred dolls on the floor and the fallen apart homes.

They both sighed.

“Sorry Henrietta.” Micah grabbed me by the waist and gave me a light peck on the mouth.

“It’s alright Micah, I just don’t like to see you guys fight.”

“Alright let’s go.” Ray yelled a little too loud.

Five minutes later, Ringo swooped down like there was a monster at his tail.

“We need to hide now!” he yelled.

“Why? What’s happening?” Eden asked, speaking for probably the second time.

 “Doesn’t matter. Hide. Now.” Without warning he flew into the trees. We all ran after him. This is that moment when I wished I had stuck with track. Everyone was running at inhumanly speeds. Well except Liza and me.

“Henrietta I don’t. Think. I. Can. Keep. Up.” She said in between breaths. I looked back at her. Shit! She was slowing down, almost stopping.

“Liza come on! We can’t get caught by-” Oh shit.

“Get caught by whom?” A voice said.

Dammit! I looked behind me, searching for the guys. They were nowhere to be seen.

“Hey guys look at these lovely young witches I found.” Men started filing out of the trees.

 This is bad.

“Hey let me go!” Liza yelled. One of them had her thrown over his shoulder.

“Put her down!” I yelled.

“Don’t worry Red Head. You’re coming too.” I started to back up.

“What! Why?” Where is Micah when I need him?

“Well Mrs. Curiosity we are the magnificent Satyr’s.” Satyr? Isn’t that from Greek mythology, didn’t they have hoofs for feet. I slowly dropped my eyes from their faces to their feet and by the gods they had hoofs.

Good lord were being kidnapped by men with hoofs.

“All our women were killed or taken by the werewolves so, we need new women.” And to top it off, they needed mates.

One grabbed me from behind, and I would’ve screamed but his hands clamped over my mouth.

I felt his hot breath on my neck.